• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you solve problems?

The Great Saiyaman

Lets heat things up!
Years
    • Seen May 24, 2006
    I usually sort things out with my fist. I can't relax if something is stolen from me and I HAVE to, I mean have to beat this person up.
    After he gets a beating then I can forgive the person. So, how do you solve your problems? Do you fight or do you talk it out?
    *Oh, excuse my grammar.*

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Well, First I try to settle the situation by asking questions and trying to solve the problem, the next stage (If that doesn't work) I usually get into an arguement and it goes crazy. But, I try to keep things calm so that the problem can be solved without no problem.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Well, I usually try not to let things get to me. Calling names, spreading rumors, things like that don't bother me any. If I get annoyed with someone, I'll usually try to do the logical thing before doing anything serious. However, if someone manages to seriously piss me off, I lose control of myself and do anything I possibly can to get revenge. I'm not very good at dealing with anger, so I tend to use times like that as an excuse to let everything out, which leads to me majorly overreacting about the whole thing. What I do is usually not much and it doesn't completely satisfy me, but it makes me feel a little better. I never forget things that people have done to me either. I still hate a person for using me in the second grade. I must say that I've never resorted to physical violence though. I'm not even strong enough for that.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    First, I wonder if I really care. There were times in life when I only really used my fist regardless of what I really felt, just to look cool in front of everyone.

If I find that I do, well, I either decide to sleep it off, find some way to blackmail, or just hit myself. Doesn't feel as good as actually hitting someone,
    but the ending result comes out a whole lot better. Though, blackmailing isn't so right either;;

Last edited:
    Years
  • It depends on the situation, like if someone accidently bumps into me, i wont say anything. If someone says something about me, I'll use words to solve my problems(Words that I cant mention here). If they annoy me(like poking me, or something), I will mark on their face with a permanant marker the next time they touch me. If they do anything worse...then its time for me to get the stapler.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Both. i try to talk it out with them first, if they refuse to quit whatever they're doing ... its butt-kicking time *cracks knuckles* >=D

... and if its not that big of a problem, i'd just ignore the person. =/

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • I usually moderate fights in my life by having people explain everything they know before I make my decision. For myself, though, I will do what I can to get answers.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • For the most part, I try to ignore it if someone's causing me problems or at least act like it's not a problem at all. The one thing people want to see is you being bothered by something.

Otherwise, if it's someone I know and actually consider a respectable person (read: not doing things out of immaturity), I'll sit down and talk to the person to try to sort things out.

Either way, I don't like resorting to violence for several reasons:

1. After all the fighting, you still have the problem. I mean, if a person starts a rumor about you, the rumor will still be there, only with more bad words attached to it because you're not only (insert something here) anymore. You're also violent and rude, which starts a whole 'nother vein of potential insults.

2. The potential to add more trouble to the problem. While there's the example about the rumor and how a fight could add to it, I'm also talking about something a bit more serious. Like getting caught by the police (for assault and battery), a principal, your boss, whatever. And that's infinitely worse than any sort of petty problem you could've had to begin with.

3. It hurts. Stating the obvious, I know, but why would I put myself in danger for no apparent reason (except maybe self-defense at that very moment from a physical threat)?

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé thinks that Ms. Kazeto Tamachii has already stated all the reasons why violence cannot solve problems in a person-to-person scaled problems. Countries and nations on the other hand maybe forced to enter a war in order to solve the conflict, and that in itself deserves another thread, so Naminé will not explain why conflict maybe sadly necessary on a bigger scale like so. If it's between a small group of people, or even just two, then violence is not the way.

Being as rational as possible, which is defined as objective and logical, Naminé relies on the process of elimination to cross off any inappropriate or extremely difficult solutions to a problem, until there is only one choice left. Most of the time, she heads towards a solution that will get the least amount of people involved because everything will be easier to control and more likely to be within predictability. A good solution should bring forth the pain in a devastatively short amount of time, for a short pain is a long gain, as Naminé don't see an appropriate reason in dragging it out for a long period of time. Of course, the solution must be suitable and allowed according to what Naminé's religious beliefs permit. If the solution fails to work or falls apart for any reasons, then perhaps Naminé will give time to let the world repair itself~

If one ought to think that Naminé seems to act out of artificial intellligence being highly robotic and inhumane in her cold-hearted methods, then so shall Naminé accept such labels~

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I get a pointy object and puncture their lungs. >:D

Actually, I'm much too shy and self conscious in real life to attempt violence. I usually try to compromise using verbal methods + evasion. Majority of the time simply talking it out works. If the problem is too severe, then walking out would be the next best method.

Then again, I try to avoid these kind of predicaments in the first place. XP

TwinScythe

-Fighting and Traveling-
    Years
  • I solve things with the draw of my sword(katana :/)
    and that is an idiom to the use of wisdom from the sensei
    i can resolve with wit, i can fix it out with a round just simply
    what comes at the stage.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • I try talking things out sometimes, then I ignore the person if they're being a dumb-head, and then my fists do some work. o.o

Years
  • I don't fight either, for three reasons.

1) It really doesn't solve anything, unless they think you were a wimp or something.
    2) I'll get in trouble for it.
    3) I'm a shrimp and a weakling, I couldn't beat anyone up even if I wanted to. xD

Obviously, I talk things though. I've never been in a fight in my life, and hopefully will never be.

Back