• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How do you think you will receive your starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Title says all :P

do you think you're going to just get your starter handed to you by the prof. or maybe go to the wild grass, encounter a wild poke, panic, see a bag, and use the starter to defend yourself? or maybe something new...

what are your ideas?? :)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Well according to this post, the protagonists are going to be older than they were in previous games which, to me, suggests that they're not going to go with the whole 10th-birthday-first-pokemon business like they did in the anime. And they've also used the attacked-by-a-wild-pokémon plot in the last two games (not counting the remakes) so I doubt they'll take that route either. Perhaps you'll rescue a helpless pokémon stuck in a burning building? Though that raises the question: what will happen to the ones that you don't choose? D:

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I hope that we find it in our first encounter with the evil team. There could be a grunt or something that stole it, or was harrassing it as it was wild, and you rescue it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    They should probably do something like R/S/E or D/P. Having to either help the Professor or defend yourself from a wild Pokémon. Maybe they could do something new, like meeting a grunt from the new evil team at the start of the game and have to fight him.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I hope that we find it in our first encounter with the evil team. There could be a grunt or something that stole it, or was harassing it as it was wild, and you rescue it.

I like this and the burning building idea. However, the latter only really works if your two rivals happen to be with you at the time so that all three are successfully saved. :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well according to this post, the protagonists are going to be older than they were in previous games which, to me, suggests that they're not going to go with the whole 10th-birthday-first-pokemon business like they did in the anime. And they've also used the attacked-by-a-wild-pokémon plot in the last two games (not counting the remakes) so I doubt they'll take that route either. Perhaps you'll rescue a helpless pokémon stuck in a burning building? Though that raises the question: what will happen to the ones that you don't choose? D:
    I like this idea as well. Knowing Nintendo, they will find a way to make them safe. Like, maybe you actually help out all three of them, and then you get to pick which one you want. Or, after you pick one and escape from the building, the other two just end up running out of the building and into the woods or something.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Personally, since I think the region is based on America, and the city that we have seen seems to be New York, I think also that the evil teams will be Gang based, and you will have to save someone from a gang, using the starters.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    maybe they will be so awesome and give you all of them! lmao, but lets be honest, were gonna get them all one way or another

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    Well, my theory is because we're older, we'll have attended pokemon school. Here you battle with a loaner pokemon in some sort of graduation ceremony, and the professor judges and gives you the pokemon.
    However, I like the burning building idea more.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    That second one was pretty much played striaght in Pokemon Yellow, where you were attacked by Pikachu on Route 1, and Oak saves you by capturing it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    The professor sneaks in your house, throws the pokeball in your face then runs down the stairs, sucker punches your mom and goes back into the lab and pretends that never happened.

...Only in a perfect RPG.

Years
    I like the burning building part! I know all will be svaed, but the Water Otter(ha, rhyme!) will get rid of the flames!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    1. Cry for help.
    2. You go investigate.
    3. Person from Team Whatever is holding Professor Whatever hostage.
    4. He tells you to go get a Pokemon from bag.
    5. You pick one.
    6. Asses are kicked.
    7. You go to his lab in the next town.
    8. He says you have potential.
    9. Gives you PokeDex.
    10. Introduces you to rival.
    11. Merry adventure begins.

Something like that.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Well, my theory is because we're older, we'll have attended pokemon school. Here you battle with a loaner pokemon in some sort of graduation ceremony, and the professor judges and gives you the pokemon.

This isn't bad either... By pokemon school, you're talking about one of those preppy schools that are often encountered in the anime? It would seem fitting for a professor to be an academic professor as opposed to an independent researcher, and graduates from such prep schools to be gifted with a unique pokemon as well. :P

The professor sneaks in your house, throws the pokeball in your face then runs down the stairs, sucker punches your mom and goes back into the lab and pretends that never happened.

...Only in a perfect RPG.

...unlikely, but effing LOL

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I really like this kind of idea; another one I had was that we already have it when we start the game (meaning we get to choose it while we choose the character we'll be playing as, pick our names, etc.) and progress as though we got it a few days ago and were given it to see how well we get along with it or something of the sort. Personally, I like your idea more as it's much more developed from anything I thought of.

Years
    I've got it!
    How about the three Pokemon are in an experimental lab, where evil scientists nearly kill them in experiemnts. Then, the Pokabu starts to flame the whole building with his Blaze ability. Seeing the fire, you rush inside and see the near-dead Pokemon on a scorched table. You grab all three and rush outside. (The scientists all escape.) Then the Prof. of that region comes with help and sees you with the two Pokemon. You heal them to perfect health, yada, then he notices all three seem to have taken a liking to you. You pick one and you know the rest.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    This isn't bad either... By pokemon school, you're talking about one of those preppy schools that are often encountered in the anime? It would seem fitting for a professor to be an academic professor as opposed to an independent researcher, and graduates from such prep schools to be gifted with a unique pokemon as well. :P
    Yes, the school would be quite a bit larger than those in the previous two generations. There could be three classrooms, the arena, and the lab. The school could actually double as the lab. And instead of a loaner pokemon, this could be when you choose your starter. I think the school thing could work really well, because it could serve as a tutorial before you actually get out into the pokemon world at all. That would leave more conversations with witty dialogue in stead of facts about the game. Also, you could receive your pokedex, 5 pokeballs and starter all at the same time, and you could learn how to battle, catch pokemon and all that jazz in the school before even setting out on your journey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back