• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How do you think you will receive your starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Maybe you will just be a regular Guy/Girl that never knew a thing about Pokemon, but one day your were walking through town and saw a wild Pokemon attacking one of the Starters, you decide to try and help one of the starters by throwing rocks at the Pokemon to get it away. Then you realize that this is what you want to do, raise Pokemon.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I like the idea of something about the Pokemon running somewhere and you going to find it.

What I would be hoping for is something like what happened in R/S/E when you helped Wally catch a Pokemon. Maybe your Parent was a Pokemon Trainer and lend you a Pokemon to go to the first major city where the professor is. He asks you to embark on a journey yada yada gives you a Pokedex and then you have to go home to return the Pokemon to your parent, tell them about the adventure yada yada and go on the journey.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Perhaps you'll rescue a helpless pokémon stuck in a burning building? Though that raises the question: what will happen to the ones that you don't choose? D:
    mayb ur watching tv or something with ur mum, and u see all three of them being shown by some pokemon collector. then ur mum asks what u thought was the cutest one. then depending on what u chose, thats the pokemon u r going to save. XD

Major_Tom

Ground control to Major Tom
    Years
    Why not when they ask your name and gender they also ask which pokemon is you'rs that way they dont have to explain why you haven't received one at a younger age. The reason they could give for it being at level five is because you never leave your little town until you have to meet the professor or another task that requires you to leave.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    i like the school idea :) .
    it would also explain the absence of the protagonists being able to
    read and write without help...
    home-schooling? :P ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    Originally Posted by Mr.Crowley
    The professor sneaks in your house, throws the pokeball in your face then runs down the stairs, sucker punches your mom and goes back into the lab and pretends that never happened.

...Only in a perfect RPG.

effing AWESOME!
    but the burning building idea seems more likely and that would be pretty cool too.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    They should probably do something like R/S/E or D/P. Having to either help the Professor or defend yourself from a wild Pokémon. Maybe they could do something new, like meeting a grunt from the new evil team at the start of the game and have to fight him.

You "happen" to meet a guy with pokemon that is being attacked by Team "proposterously unoriginal name here" and you got to save him eh? Sounds somewhat similar to the Zigzagoon/Poochyena thing...

Years
    Well, my theory is because we're older, we'll have attended pokemon school. Here you battle with a loaner pokemon in some sort of graduation ceremony, and the professor judges and gives you the pokemon.
    However, I like the burning building idea more.
    I really like this idea,I hope they go with it.

Years
    Well, my theory is because we're older, we'll have attended pokemon school. Here you battle with a loaner pokemon in some sort of graduation ceremony, and the professor judges and gives you the pokemon.

Messages like this make me think about that hack 'Pokemon White' =/

Years
    Im going to mix the burning building and school thing. You are in school, and you learn all the basics, have a battle, and are about the graduate when the building is getting destroyed by maybe pokemon or an evil team. So you use your new pokemon to save the school.

Or, you could be in school, in the middle of a lesson, when all of a sudden the fire bell rings, and everybody runs out screaming. Your teacher gives you a poke ball with a Pokemon you somehow coose earlier (like at the starting scene when you chose your name, gender, etc, or like one member said where your mom asks you from seeing it on the TV), and its up to you to save the school.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    Messages like this make me think about that hack 'Pokemon White' =/

Never heard of it.

Im going to mix the burning building and school thing. You are in school, and you learn all the basics, have a battle, and are about the graduate when the building is getting destroyed by maybe pokemon or an evil team. So you use your new pokemon to save the school.

Or, you could be in school, in the middle of a lesson, when all of a sudden the fire bell rings, and everybody runs out screaming. Your teacher gives you a poke ball with a Pokemon you somehow coose earlier (like at the starting scene when you chose your name, gender, etc, or like one member said where your mom asks you from seeing it on the TV), and its up to you to save the school.

I especially like the evil team idea. However, make it a bit more dramatic. Say you just go through the lesson on cathching and battling pokemon, (tutorials) and you're reaching up for your certificate of completion when... BOOM! In comes team generic, here to steal all the pokemon that the school keeps around. So the professor opens her briefcase and offers you one of three pokemon to stop them. It'd be a nice way to introduce evil from early on.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    The professor sneaks in your house, throws the pokeball in your face then runs down the stairs, sucker punches your mom and goes back into the lab and pretends that never happened.

...Only in a perfect RPG.
    This made my day. lmfao

Well, my theory is because we're older, we'll have attended pokemon school. Here you battle with a loaner pokemon in some sort of graduationba ceremony, and the professor judges and gives you the pokemon.
    I really like this idea. It really goes well with the characters being older. That, and the idea is as original as Pokemon can get.

However, I would like to edit your theory a little by adding that your loaner Pokemon is actually your Starter Pokemon. You are allowed to pick your Starter Pokemon at the beginning of the story, like during when you get to choose your own gender and name. On your graduation ceremony, you, the main protagonist, gets to battle your childhood rival to see who is the best out of your class. As usual, his Pokemon is the exact opposite from yours. After an intense battle, both are allowed to keep their Pokemon because of the strong connection you two.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years

However, I would like to edit your theory a little by adding that your loaner Pokemon is actually your Starter Pokemon. You are allowed to pick your Starter Pokemon at the beginning of the story, like during when you get to choose your own gender and name. On your graduation ceremony, you, the main protagonist, gets to battle your childhood rival to see who is the best out of your class. As usual, his Pokemon is the exact opposite from yours. After an intense battle, both are allowed to keep their Pokemon because of the strong connection you two.

If you read a later post by me, I stated that it'd be better to just start out with your starters. That's kind of why they call them starters, haha. Anyway, I wouldn't want to choose it during the introduction, when the teacher can just say "alright kids, come get your pokemon." and you just pick off the desk.

Years
    The game opens up showing an army of police officers infiltrating the evil team's base. The officers trip the security alarms and a group of team-whatever soldiers are sent to dispose of them. They get into a huge battle and one of the officers is ambushed. He is captured and taken to team-whatever's death camps, while the rest of the officers retreat. While they load him onto the truck, you are given an opportunity to save one of his 3 starter pokemon. Which ever you chose, he will throw the pokeball into the distance and fight with the other two. Later the protagonist finds the pokemon you chose to be saved. And then a bunch of other **** happens. The end.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    i want a calm chance to pick and deliberate. but i think im gonna go with the otter/water one

Years
    Ok, get this:

It's your Tenth birthday, and you are promised a Pokemon by your Mother, but your Father doesn't want you to be a Pokemon trainer and forbids you getting a Pokemon, cause he thinks it is dangerous. Anyway a few years pass by and your father goes missing, you go to the Pokemon proffesor and that's where he/she tells you your father was a secret Pokemon trainer, and has got himself in a load of trouble with the Villan "Team". So you decide to go on a journey to look for him, that's where you pick your starter.

Comments?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Though that raises the question: what will happen to the ones that you don't choose? D:

Bah, force everyone to choose the Grass starter. The Water starter can survive... since it's... ya know, water. The Fire starter... well, I can only assume that fire wouldn't affect it too much. Problem solved.

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    I think that you and your rival wanted to catch a pokemon but when you were there you saw the Professor getting Mugged by Team Plasma and he told you to get the starter to help. Or, maybe you were helping the prof (i think its a female) do work and she asked you to try and finish the pokedex or something leading to that, and gives you the starter.

I dont really think i like the School idea because it seems like it will make us on par the the stupid lasses and school boys who get pwned by a level 6

Years
    • Seen today
    Haven't you seen the video?

Araragi brings the briefcase to your house, and you, up in your room with Belle and Cheren, pink one. The other two are chosen by Belle and Cheren, with Belle picking the one weak to you, and Cheren picking the one you're weak to.

Haven't you seen the video?

Araragi brings the briefcase to your house, and you, up in your room with Belle and Cheren, pink one. The other two are chosen by Belle and Cheren, with Belle picking the one weak to you, and Cheren picking the one you're weak to.

The only thing left to speculate on is why. Why would she give it to you? Maybe she's actually your mom and it was her not so subtle way of telling you to leave and get a job (as a trainer)?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back