• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen How do you trade?

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I know we just got the games released a couple days ago, but how are you supposed to trade pokemon in the games? And im not talking about the in game trades we have known for 20 years, I mean the wi fi trading we supposedly are able to do in these games. Anyone figured that out yet?

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    i don't think so. i don't have a second 3ds, and supposedly it's not possible to trade between the two games if they're on the same system.

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • Pokemon bank doesn't count as a trade to move Pokemon between R/B/Y on a 3DS?
    I havent been able to confirm, does pokebank work for transferring between the RBY virtual console games? I know we will be able to transfer them to Sun and Moon.

I doubt it, they dont fully count as trades in gen 6, trade evos wont evolve in the pokebank.
    Although they do keep their data from their original trainer.

Years
  • Oh well, if that's the case we'll just have to buy a cheap 2DS or cheaper secondhand original 3DS - there are plenty of those on the market. Pity though. I've never been fortunate to live with or near another gamer into the same games as I am, like Pokemon.

Back