• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you Train Your Pokémon?

What's your Strategies?

• Total voters

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • Call me weird, but I actually "cheer" my Pokemon while playing. As in I shout to them, "YOU CAN DO IT, VENUSAUR, I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!"

Yep, I raise them with care and love... :)
    Oh, and when a Pokemon does something great for me like win a battle I reward them with treats such as Rare Candies or Vitamins XD

I try my best not to let them die as well... and if they do, I quickly go to the nearest PC... :)

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • RBY - Train in wild grass until I'm on the verge of committing.
    GSC - Same as above.
    RSE - Same as above.
    FRLG - As soon as I got the VS Seeker, I'd spam it.
    DPPt - Same as above.
    HGSS - Wild grass .-.
    BW - Audino Abuse c:

Years
  • Here's how I train:

Pearl/Platinum: Use Vs. Seeker

SoulSilver: Wild Pokemon or Exp. Share

Black: Battle so many Audinos + hold Lucky Egg for double effect (I have two Lucky Eggs)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I normally train on the Elite Four. But this time on B/W, I am abusing Audino for its EXP.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Level grinding, usually with a level reference in mind (i.e., I want to get to 25 befopre facing the next Gym Leader.) I use the Vs. Seeker when it's available; otherwise it's just battling wild Pokemon over and over. I also use the Exp. Share when trying to get newly caught Pokemon up to speed with the rest of the team.

Years
  • Usually simply battling random Pokemon and trainers. I usually set a level goal I want all my Pokemon to be at before taking on a gym or E4. If I catch a new Pokemon, and all the others are already at my goal, I just let it hold the exp share and let it catch up on its own xD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    Before the E4 I spend hours grinding in the grass. After the E4 I just put an experiene share on the pokemon I want to train and just keep going through the E4.

Last edited:

Flame-Typhlosion

Champion
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Heh,I gotta say,I'm kinda like dragon456 :P

But what i do is just normally train in the victory road. But if i'm not on the vr at the time,i train on wild pkmn.Or with the 1st rare candy i find i give it to a random pokemon,i give it to them with my eyes closed :D

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I battle everything I see, anytime a while Pokemon pops up, its going down. I also rotate my team, each time a Pokemon gains a level, I switch to the next Pokemon, its how I try and keep my team balanced. If one member gets stronger due to a type advance in a gym, then it sits on the side lines on the next route until I can get the rest of the team caught up. The only disadvantage to this is that I am usually slightly lower level than gym leaders, to compensate for this, I usually keep my team small until I get to VR. In which case I am usually over levled because I only have two or three Pokemon I am training.

Silence Rewritten

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • Lots of training. When I get my starter, I go into the nearest patch of grass and just make circles 'til he/she evolves. Among the training, when I come across a flying Pokémon (let's be honest, they're almost always in the beginning), I'll catch it. Flying Pokés are extremely vital to me every time, so as soon as I'm finished with my starter, I'll get that one at least to 15, maybe higher. Then I go on my way and never skip a fight. I don't sneak about to avoid trainers, and I don't run from wild Pokémon unless I'm about to faint. By the time I get all the way through to the Elite Four, my Pokémon DOMINATE. :)

Never Silent

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • I just grind in the grass 'til my Pokémon are where I want them in level. Training near a Pokémon Centre helps, too. i never avoid trainers or wild Pokémon, either, and I abuse Exp. Share, haha. The end result is usually blowing through whatever gym I'm up against or slaughtering the Elite Four. ^^

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • Well i'm EV training my pokemon first untill they've reached max. And then I start to pick my strongest pokemon to have the highest lvl by 1. So if my pokemon is lvl 55 then the rest is lvl 54. And after that i'm just training and training.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • I mainly train my starter and 2 other Pokemon instead of training 4 or more. That way they become higher leveled.

And I put an extra emphasis on EVs. I try to avoid giving my Pokemon EVs to the wrong stats, I avoid it like the plague. I try to buy as many vitamins as I can and as early as possible, to give them to my Pokemon and raise the EVs upto 100. Then I battle to raise the rest.

As for caring, I always end up being a very loving and caring trainer (lol). Actually, I save pretty often and I almost never let my Pokemon faint, plus I give them vitamins. So their happiness gets maxed pretty soon.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I just battle against Elite Four members/champion over and over again. Sometimes it gets really boring but it's great way to earn EXP and money. And if I want to train my weaker Pokémon, I just give Exp. Share on it and train it until I'm satisfied. There are many other ways also but I prefer battling against Elite Four.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'm like the Minun and Plusle of the Pokemon world. I'm constantly cheering my Pokemon on when I battle, and I get upset if they faint. :c
    I usually grind hardcore before moving on to another route, unless the route has the same exact level of Pokemon as the one previous to it.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I don't really grind, I save in front of "big bosses" and fight them with a few levels below.

In B/W I finished with my team being in the low 50s,
    (The extra areas you have access to after surf help a lot)
    (Don't use repels)

Years
  • There are several strategies I used to train my Pokémon, depending on heir level and what I plan to use them for.

For example: If I were training them just to get them to evolve, I tend to give them the EXP Share AND place them first in line. Then when I get into a fight, I swap out to a stronger one and finish the fight. The resulting XP is then split 3/4 the one with EXP Share and 1/4 my stronger one. This leads to fast XP for fast evolutions.

If I were training to beat a particular challenge (Elite Four, Gym, Rival), I just go into the closest Grass Patch and just fight whatever I come across till I hit the level goal I set for myself.

Once the game is over, I then want to start on my competitive team, so I start to EV train and bread to get the Pokémon I want to use, and have them ready.

GibbyGibson

Back