• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile How do you use your hundo pokemon? Pokemon go.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm confused as to how to use hundo pokemon. Are they better used for defending or attacking gyms? How do you use the hundo pokemon you own? I mostly use them for defending gyms, but am often left disappointed they get defeated rather quickly, maybe I'm using them wrong.

Days
    For defending in gyms, you need to use odd Pokémon with high HP from mainline games, as in the case of Blissey, Chansey, Snorlax, etc.

It has nothing to do with IVs. And same can be said for attacking the gyms as well.

May I ask which hundo Pokémon you are willing to use ?

How do you use the hundo pokemon you own?

The most common thing which people do with them is to power up them to max and use anywhere they need.

In my case, I am presently working on Steelix, whom I will be using in Ultra League. And will take up on Moltres later on somewhere in the future. More or less, it should be based around usage in battles for me.

Few people can also mislead us by saying that max IVs will result in better use for raids. But difference in attack between max IV and min IV is not that much prominent that it will flip the matches. They just say like that from collectors point of view.

A perfect Mamoswine will be outclassed by 0* Shadow Mamoswine.

Most important thing is which aspect of game you like. And if you are not sure, then I will say that you should make that Pokémon your best buddy, and gradually bring it to max level.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah, I see. So using them for attacking opposing team's gyms or raids is not really recommend or as useful as it sounds. So the mons that are hundo in question are vullaby and I evolved the bounsweet into a tsareena. So even if they are appraised as hundos I still have to level them up with accumulated candies and stardust so they can be stronger or are they a lost cause? Again not really used to this sort of training or leveling up in Pokemon go when it doesn't feel like training. In the traditional games you could just train them however you wanted to raise certain stats or level grind by battling specific stat raising wild or npc mons with held item that contributes to those stats. But level grinding as I learned late, is not recommend beyond level 50 for competitive for some reason.

Days
    So using them for attacking opposing team's gyms or raids is not really recommend or as useful as it sounds.
    It's not like that they are not useful, rather it has more to do with the fact that they are not immediately necessary. Because in Gym Battles we just need to knock out the opposing trainer Pokemon, and that could be achieved easily whatever the IVs combination are.

So even if they are appraised as hundos I still have to level them up with accumulated candies and stardust so they can be stronger or are they a lost cause?
    Yes you need to do that.

Since you say that you are accustomed with mainline games method, then you should also be aware that the appraisals are nothing but IVs, and as you know IVs as nothing to do with leveling up of Pokemon !!

See the images below to know what differences you can see due to IVs :

Spoiler:

And this was just the example of Samurott. But if you consider big names like Dragonite, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, etc. then the effect of IVs are more clearly visible.

So even if they are appraised as hundos I still have to level them up with accumulated candies and stardust so they can be stronger or are they a lost cause?
    So in a nutshell, yes, you need to power them up, otherwise you won't be able to use them. And here powering is referred to Leveling Up.

In Pokemon GO, max level is capped to Lv. 50, which can be pushed to Lv. 51 with Best Buddy Boost.

It is solid pick in both Great League and Ultra League, where Dark/Flying typing and tremendous bulk help it's cause in battles.

But then, getting Mandibuzz till Ultra League will require massive effort from your side, and you need to grind a lot in order to make that happen. Or if you want something simple, then make it for Great League and use in the battles there !!

I don't use them, unless they are good species that can be used, and in that case they're solely used for raids. I don't battle competitively unless there's a good quest for it, and for raid defending I usually use Blissey, Slaking, or Wobbuffet. Some good hundos I use in raids are Venusaur, Decidueye, and a few others I'm forgetting right now. Their comm days are good and some have mega evolutions, so they've been good investments for me!

The others just sit in the box. :D;;

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    It's not like that they are not useful, rather it has more to do with the fact that they are not immediately necessary. Because in Gym Battles we just need to knock out the opposing trainer Pokemon, and that could be achieved easily whatever the IVs combination are.

Yes you need to do that.

Since you say that you are accustomed with mainline games method, then you should also be aware that the appraisals are nothing but IVs, and as you know IVs as nothing to do with leveling up of Pokemon !!

See the images below to know what differences you can see due to IVs :

Spoiler:

And this was just the example of Samurott. But if you consider big names like Dragonite, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, etc. then the effect of IVs are more clearly visible.

So in a nutshell, yes, you need to power them up, otherwise you won't be able to use them. And here powering is referred to Leveling Up.

In Pokemon GO, max level is capped to Lv. 50, which can be pushed to Lv. 51 with Best Buddy Boost.

It is solid pick in both Great League and Ultra League, where Dark/Flying typing and tremendous bulk help it's cause in battles.

But then, getting Mandibuzz till Ultra League will require massive effort from your side, and you need to grind a lot in order to make that happen. Or if you want something simple, then make it for Great League and use in the battles there !!
    I understand the candies and stardust part. Where does the lv 50 and 51 come through though? I only see 5 stats which are the pokemons cp, HP, attack, defense, and speed. Is this a battle league thing? I mostly avoided it thinking it was an optional side quest, leagues you can only do once, or a timed season series event.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't use them, unless they are good species that can be used, and in that case they're solely used for raids. I don't battle competitively unless there's a good quest for it, and for raid defending I usually use Blissey, Slaking, or Wobbuffet. Some good hundos I use in raids are Venusaur, Decidueye, and a few others I'm forgetting right now. Their comm days are good and some have mega evolutions, so they've been good investments for me!

The others just sit in the box. :D;;
    I guess people play in different manners. Competitively? Do you mean actual competition events in go or the gyms? I get flustered that I can't keep my pokemon hidden defending the gyms for 8 hours or so to get my free 50 PokeCoins. But I think I need golden razz berries to fully revive my Pokemon and my team members pokemon to prevent easy defeats.

Days
    . Where does the lv 50 and 51 come through though?

If you had looked at the screenshot which I attached in my previous reply, then maxing out a Pokémon is considered that the Pokémon is at level 50. And if you make that Pokémon best buddy, then that Level 50 Pokémon will be at Lv. 51.

Basically powering up two times is equal to raising the level by 1. Therfore at max you can port up Pokémon 100 times.

I guess people play in different manners. Competitively? Do you mean actual competition events in go or the gyms?

Yes. Some play with the purpose of battles like me; some enjoy raid battles; some play with purpose of collection and finishing the Dex, etc....

Gym battles are AI controlled and only attackers can make their move. Getting 50 coins daily is dependent upon how much people play in your area.

In my area, no one plays, hence putting my Pokémon into gym here can take more than 4-5 months to return.

But I think I need golden razz berries to fully revive my Pokemon and my team members pokemon to prevent easy defeats.

That is also a way.

But another way of increasing your success rate is to double the failure rate.

Hence you should put multiple Pokémon in different gyms, so even if they all are fainted after few hours, you will be getting 50 coins for the day.

You can get 8 coins/hour.

So make some basic calculation and determine how many Pokémon you need to put into various gyms !!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I do that and get too greedy. Unfortunately when I log back into my account it says the 50 coin limit has been surpassed already. If I get extremely unlucky an opposing team takes over both or all gyms I'm in under 24 hours or before midnight in app time. I can't seem to find a perfect balance, either I'm hidden too well that it takes them between 1 to 3 weeks to find me or I'm spotted immediately and evicted from the gym. I just wanted to rack up poke coins for every location I join, but the 50 coin limit any opposing teams are like "nope." This is going off topic though and should be made in a new thread, I don't know if I'm breaking PC rules or if this is fine.

I guess people play in different manners. Competitively? Do you mean actual competition events in go or the gyms? I get flustered that I can't keep my pokemon hidden defending the gyms for 8 hours or so to get my free 50 PokeCoins. But I think I need golden razz berries to fully revive my Pokemon and my team members pokemon to prevent easy defeats.
    Sorry, I meant more PvP - that's what I consider 'competitive'. I'm not particularly into that feature and don't tend to be in games in general. Hundos are very fun to collect though, without them and shinies the game would be a lot less fun for me!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I get it. It's not really like Pokemon go is ever planning to go back to the Gameboy days of mechanics. It really wouldn't make sense to go back to no shinies ever since introduced as a story plot with the red Gyarados from the lake of rage. I think hundos are a Pokemon go exclusive gimmick for perfect ivs. Oh, do you mean battling with friends? Are your friends that competitive? I think I'm mostly into Pokedex completion and form collection. So I think I'm not really into the competitive scene even though I'm checking every appraisal for the rare pink tag.

Back