• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How does Brock carry all those supplies?

Years
  • I'm watching the Pokémon TV series all the way through from the beginning. I'm currently on episode 362 in 'Pokemon Advanced Challenge'. For a few episodes now I have been wondering how Brock was able to carry the large amount of food as well as all the cooking and camping supplies, including his large cooking pot, the table and chairs, their tents and sleeping bags, etc! No one on the team seems to carry large hiking backpacks either. Brock has a small backpack, but everyone else doesn't have anything! Yet they frequently stop for huge meals with big campsites. How are they able to carry all that while not showing it??

Answer; it's most likely due to the poke-ball technology. Much like the capsule corps in dragon ball Z they are able to contain a large amount of items in a small piece. At least that's my guess!

I made this post in hopes of helping those who Google the same question that I had. I searched with no good results, so here you go internet. Yeet!

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • I thought it was pretty obvious since the first season.

Brock clearly uses his magical trusty frying pan to neatly pack everything inside rice balls. And since rice balls don't take up much space he can fit many of them in his backpack.

In other words, I have no freakin clue. But similar technology to poké balls would make sense.

pkmin3033

Bag of Holding is a pretty common trope in basically everything where inventory space isn't a major plot device or game mechanic. See here for more details.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Pokemon Logic :

Seriously speaking, your pokeball technology answer makes a lot of sense. My best guess(don't take it seriously) is that they use compressed objects that can expand to largely greater sizes. About the food, must be instant food. Some substance must be able to transform a pellet into a sandwich.

Also!! There are a few episodes where they go collecting stuff for preparing food. Brock carries all the cooking equipment, they start a fire using fire type pokemon and voila! You've got lunch!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Although your guess about Poke-tech would be neat, I don't really see Pokemon as that tech advanced (at least, not in the first seasons). But I do remember Brock making rice-balls in one of the latest episodes I've watched. I'm also doing a re-watch, actually!!! But you're so far beyond me, I'm on episode, like sixty something (63? I think?) I'm taking my sweet time. I'll actually go look for the episode where he makes the rice-balls. I think he has a table?? The Poke-photographer is in it and he and Ash almost die, plus Ash literally throws Brock's stuff to the water because he thought Poke-photographer's camera was a gun hahaha.

My more realistic non-tech guess is that... uh... he asks people around there? Like, you know how they always find like houses and schools inside the forests and mountains they go to? It wouldn't be too far-fetched to think that there are more of these houses than shown so Brock just re-supplies there.

EDIT: It was in EP055. Aka: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP055

Here's the context:

In this case they seem to be in some sort of public place like a small park? And there are houses nearby. So Brock asking people for that doesn't seem too far-fetched, considering it's the Pokemon world and everyone is nice there plus it wouldn't be too far-fetched in real life. And maybe the table was there already. Guess we should look at more examples from the show to consider each tbh. It's fun to think about these thing haha, good post!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow thanks for all the great responses everyone! I loved reading them all! :D

I'm sticking with my poke ball theory. "Campsite, I choose you!"

But the public park idea totally makes sense on some occasions. But most of the time they just say "let's camp here tonight" in the middle of the woods. Lol

Much love! <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The same can be said for Cilan's and even Clemont's bags too, i'm sure! Since they've been seen suddenly having tables and cookware that would definitely be too big for their bag lmao.

TheBatPrince

Banned
    Years
  • I'm watching the Pokémon TV series all the way through from the beginning. I'm currently on episode 362 in 'Pokemon Advanced Challenge'. For a few episodes now I have been wondering how Brock was able to carry the large amount of food as well as all the cooking and camping supplies, including his large cooking pot, the table and chairs, their tents and sleeping bags, etc! No one on the team seems to carry large hiking backpacks either. Brock has a small backpack, but everyone else doesn't have anything! Yet they frequently stop for huge meals with big campsites. How are they able to carry all that while not showing it??

Answer; it's most likely due to the poke-ball technology. Much like the capsule corps in dragon ball Z they are able to contain a large amount of items in a small piece. At least that's my guess!

I made this post in hopes of helping those who Google the same question that I had. I searched with no good results, so here you go internet. Yeet!

Ah I'm glad to see that people still question this type of thing!

This uses an old Technique. It dates back thousands of years, and is likely that Brock knows a lot about Mechanical Engineering!

I won't give it away just yet :P.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • I always just thought that items in the anime can become small because of similar technology that is used in Pokeballs. :p

Back