• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How dose a thread become a sticky thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    A sticky thread is just an ordinary thread, but one that a mod or admin that docked to the top of that forum section. For a thread to be stickied, it has to have a lot of good information, like member FAQ's and such.

Threads that don't meet such standards don't get stuck.

Hope this helps. And btw, only a moderator or administrator can sticky threads.

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
  • The mod of that section chooses I think, and stickies it.

And as Spey said, only mods and above can sticky things. :3

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Aren't stickies also unable to be closed?

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be important. Like, that one thread called "Don't Let the Mod Say Anything" is stickied. So is the Daily Chit-Chat. So it could just be something popular that has a lot of posts or something people want to find quickly. Of course, rules are also stickied.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • [jq]Aren't stickies also unable to be closed?[/jq]

As a matter of fact, there are many stickied Rule threads that are closed so members don't make pointless comments.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Usually Stickies aren't closed but overridden due to updates.
    As Went said, the Other Roleplay Discussion sticky was dead for about a year...just got revived a month ago.

An example of a normal thread becoming stickied is the Post Your Problems thread. There were so many help/advice threads in OC that it was better if there was one continuing thread to remove the clutter...and so it was stickied.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years

• They can be revived anytime, and thus can't be closed of they are revived after a month, but that's all. The staff can close them whenever they feel like it, with a proper reason.
    Well, yes, that's what I meant. I knew there were closed rule threads. :P

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Aren't stickies also unable to be closed?

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be important. Like, that one thread called "Don't Let the Mod Say Anything" is stickied. So is the Daily Chit-Chat. So it could just be something popular that has a lot of posts or something people want to find quickly. Of course, rules are also stickied.

First off, I said "basically".

Secondly, that is the most-played game in the Other Trivia section. How's that not important? 8D

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • Just answer the girl, thats what you are concerned with, stop arguing or even being defensive on pointless issues.

A sticky is just a thread that a moderator or any person of authority deems worthy of being on the top of the list of all the threads. Stickies are not suppose to be important threads, they don't have to be informative or FAQs, these can just be some experienced users opinion which the mod wants everyone to see and comment on.
    A sticky could just be an announcement regarding the specific topic of discussion, or even a thread for discussions.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I kind of want to sticky this thread just to confuse all the people who're certain that we only stick important threads but I can't be bothered, haha.

But yeah, what... everyone else said. We stick the important and informative threads that are useful and need to be found quickly and occasionally, popular threads. We don't usually stray from these two kinds of sticky threads but whatever is stuck, it's probably a good idea to make note of it because the mods stuck it for a reason.

And now there aren't really any replies that can come from this that aren't reiterations of all the previous points so imma lock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back