• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How far are you into Alola?

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
    The time was really stupid and I aren't and won't wake up at that timing to do that so I changed my DS timing for it.

Yeeeeeeah, I did the same thing after failing to wake at 5am for a couple of days. I'm glad the game doesn't punish you for messing with the clock, haha.

I just pwn'd the fire trial by throwing rocks at everything, glad they kept Hiker David, haha. Now, I'm headed to the Lush Jungle and feeling pretty good about my team so far. Just wish Seel would learn an offensive water move soon...

Years
    Yeeeeeeah, I did the same thing after failing to wake at 5am for a couple of days. I'm glad the game doesn't punish you for messing with the clock, haha.

I just pwn'd the fire trial by throwing rocks at everything, glad they kept Hiker David, haha. Now, I'm headed to the Lush Jungle and feeling pretty good about my team so far. Just wish Seel would learn an offensive water move soon...

Unlike you, I decided to wake up at 5am on one specific day using my Apple Watch alarm. It never fails to wake me up since it taps my wrist. As soon as I evolved my Rockruff into Dusk Lycanroc, I went back to sleep. In order to minimize my time spent awake at 5am, I decided to have Rockruff at Level 24 with only 2 battles needed to level up.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Caught all my legendary in the Ultra Wormhole. Soft reset for some of them to be shinies and it's going so ok.

Shiny Charm works I guess!

Clocked into the 40 hours range now.

Unlike you, I decided to wake up at 5am on one specific day using my Apple Watch alarm. It never fails to wake me up since it taps my wrist. As soon as I evolved my Rockruff into Dusk Lycanroc, I went back to sleep. In order to minimize my time spent awake at 5am, I decided to have Rockruff at Level 24 with only 2 battles needed to level up.

Whelp good for you. Not everyone want to wake up at 5 am and the only nerf for changing the time is the dailies will be reset, we are not people whom are so hard on ourselves fortunately.

Last edited:
    Years
    I just defeated Ultra Necrozma at Ultra Megalopolis. I had a good strategy where I weakened it with Sinister Arrow Raid from my Decidueye which would bring it down to half health, after that I would follow up with Sucker Punch. If Necrozma wasn't defeated, I would send in my Jynx who is holding a Focus Sash I got from the Oricorio lady in the Poni Wilds. Jynx knows Frost Breath so that she can always get a critical hit on Necrozma. I wasn't overleveled for the battle since my strongest Pokémon at the time was a Level 56 Decidueye.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020

I had the reverse problem where I had work and couldn't level up at 5pm. I managed to take my break early and rare candied from Level 24. Very annoying timescale.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Finished the post game in US. Just catching the pokemon i missed and evolving the ones i need to. Do trading later. Still need to do thr ultra wormholes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2018
    Last milestone was beating the water trial, now, I'm stuck looking for a Thick Fat Seel. It appears Seel in Alola don't like donuts or cake or ice cream...

This is the third time I struggle to obtain a team member, hoping it's the last. Without these issues, I'd probably be way farther cx

Whoaaaaa i didn't even know you could get a thick fat seel! May go have to pick one of them up myself, the ultimate fire counter. Well actually I would, but I've gotten really lucky with shinies.

I'm still knocking about the 2nd island. Keep getting caught up hunting with the SOS chaining. Only one so far, Dewpider, which I could not be more happy with. Hoping to reach island 3 tonight!

Back