• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How far would you go to help a stranger?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    This is based off the 2004 movie Cellular, and it will have spoilers as to the plot. Don't read it if you don't want the movie explained to you--but even if you do, the movie is still pretty cool.

For the scenario, check this spoiler.

Spoiler:

That happens to be an extreme case. I'm also curious to know how far you would go for a stranger if it wasn't a dramatic thing. What if it was homeless guy asking for change, or an old lady who needed help carrying her groceries in, or crossing the road? What if someone got in a terrible accident and they need a blood transfusion and you happen to be the nearest compatible person? What if they need an organ transplant and you're the nearest compatible person? While they have family who is also compatible on the way, the doctor says it needs to be done immediately to save their life?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    ^Just wanted an excuse to write that.

The BEST option in this little scenario would be to go to the police, hand them the phone, and let her talk to them. I don't see why anyone would say no to that once she explained herself.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    A small help just like words only or pointing out things. Talk about lending money and food. But going with them is like you're gonna hear your head shouting "GO NO FURTHER!"

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'd only help someone with directions, or if the person asking is elderly. I remember there was an elderly woman in my neighborhood who was trying to carry her wheel basket of groceries up the front stairs of her door. She asked me for help and of course I couldn't say no, she would have been stuck there straining her back.

I would not lend money or food to a stranger nor would I ever travel with them someplace for whatever reason.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Oh wow. I seem like a bit of an outcast here, because while I can't say I'd go the lengths the character did in the movie I'm too compassionate to not help someone in need even if it puts me in a bad spot :/

Back