• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How good are you?

Years
  • Roughly 7/10. I do not do calculations on damage ranges. And I dont know off the top of my head if a move will definitely do 93% damage from full health.

But i am good with strategies and using unconventional moves to disrupt my opponent. Though i do have really bad luck with moves that dont have 100% accuracy (who misses 6 stone edges in a row???).

Like back in BW2, i researched like crazy to figure out a great HA eviolite gothorita (gothorita is the best looking
    Of the three, so it had to be done). My team for XY and BW2 had a problem handling people who switched alot, so I added her to my team. Then like a year later, i looked it up and people had the same idea on using this strategy. (I didnt necessarily make it up, i just had the same great idea as others).

I also have little to no respect for smogon when it comes to "meta", since it's based on popularity, not necessarily what is the best. And they tend to ban pokemon that the meta has problem with instead of finding viable solutions outside if it. Which in turn creates more pokemon that are hard to counter, since they banned the pokemon or strategies that would have handled it.

But it was fun using non-meta decks to beat people who were so proud of their meta strategies. Back when i used to use pokemon showdown alot.

That being said, since I stick to pokemon that I actually like (i will never use garchomp) and I dont dedicate myself to memorizing damage percentages, I am not as good as I could be. Having fun is most important and constant math annd using pokemon that I dont like would definitely be less fun for me.

Back