• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Good is my region Map?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Okay, so with quarintine i have been doing my own region in pokemon essentials what basically is the map of Venezuela in vertical and not in horizontal like the original venezuela map (something like what hoenn did) so i wanted to know how good is it, i played pokemon crystal so i could get some esence of the style of the original johto map, but with my style and in a new region, please rate it (there's a part that is only for post-game)

How Good is my region Map?

Pd: also, i don't know why, but i feel a part of the map very... linear... gotta do something there... probably

Attachments

• How Good is my region Map?
      Screenshot_18.png
      28.7 KB · Views: 136
    Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • it's a very aesthetically pleasing map. I like the varied paths one could take in a region like this. my only complaint about it is that it's blurry on enhancing the image and it's not to a scale any program would use (Ex. Essentials or a rom)

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    It has inconsistent pixel density, meaning some parts are made up of 2x2 pixel "blocks", whereas others are 1x1. This should be consistent, and if you're using Essentials, be 2x2. I suggest downscaling your image, making whatever edits you need, and then upscaling again (without interpolation/nearest neighbour, so as not to introduce blurring) to ensure you have consistent pixel density.

As for the layout, it's very cramped. You have a lot of cities and very few routes, and too many points of interests for my taste. They're also largely off-grid, which won't work in Essentials. Overall, I'd say you should capitalize on the space you have in the image, and spread things out more (but not too much, because then you've created the opposite problem).

As for the background, you're using the lighter green, the slight elevation color, in places where there is no elevation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Overall its a good map, but I have one gripe.

Why are the outlines for the trees and caves so thin, but the map outlines are so T H I C C.

Years
  • Can it be converted into where people will make maps and post here, and other people's can discuss and suggest the improvements. Means it will be like a discussion forum. Idk, if it can be done or not

Back