• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How I can change the color of the text in Klien's BWA naming screen?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2024
    I edited the Naming screen to be like an BW Style like this:

How I can change the color of the text in Klien's BWA naming screen?

But how I can change the color of the text?

Last edited by a moderator:

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
    You can do it via the text editor by typing \C[x] where x is a number from 0 to 7(?) corresponding to a color. Off the top of my head, 0 is black, 1 is blue, 2 is red and 3 is green. I don't know the others, but a quick google search should fix that.

You can also use the hexa codes if you need more colors. Example: <c=RRGGBBAA>your text</c>
    RRGGBB is the hexa code (without the #) and AA is the opacity (in hexadecimal, from 00 to FF) .
    For example, pink at full opacity would be <c=FFC0CBFF>this text is red</c>.
    "FFC0CB" is the hexa code for pink and "FF" is 255 in hexadecimal

If you want to get even more advanced, you can use the <c2=XXXXyyyy>...</c2> command, where XXXX is the primary color and yyyy is the shadow's color . I think there's even an abridged version of that, but I can't remember what it is. Should be easy enough to google.
    Check the wiki if you need!

If you want to get even more technical, there's a bunch of other stuff you could do using script calls, but it's probably not necessary!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The script section "Text Entry" is what you are looking for in a clean v16.2.
    The default colour of the text is (16,24,32) for the base and (168,184,184) for the shadow. Just do a CTRL + F for these two values and replace them with (248,248,248) and (72,80,88) respectively.

But make sure to leave line 946 unedited.
    Code:
        @sprites["helpwindow"].baseColor=Color.new(16,24,32)
        @sprites["helpwindow"].shadowColor=Color.new(168,184,184)

Example

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2022
    Is it possible for me to change the color of text within the 'show choices' event command? It is not working for me.

Back