• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How i hate eBay...sorting the fakes from the reals??

Nesferxty

*90s Kid Forever*
    Years
    I have been having a lot of good luck on eBay recently winning large lots of pokemon cards and for the most part, i've found very few fakes among the genuines.

This last lot I bought (Well 6 lots rolled into one actually) has been a complete disaster! They came in the post today and I was so excited but it soon faded when I opened the box...

The lots consisted supposedly of 4 sets of 10 Rare, holo, EX cards, a tin with 200sih cards including rares etc. and a folder with approx 300 cards with rares....

The cards are all there in number, just a shame most of them are fake xD

I just wanted some help on identifying the fakes from the reals. Some of them are obvious and some of them not so much. I have to say, the fakes are getting better, unfortunately!

The things I know to look out for are:
    - No accent over the 'e' in Pokemon
    - Energy symbols (size, colour, position)
    - Fonts
    - Back of the card (colour, line round the edge, patterns in the background)
    - Thickness of the card

Are there any more signs? I'm a bit paranoid because there are so many fakes that maybe some of the ones I think are real aren't....Is there a good site that someone can recommend that has full colour pictures of everycard and what they should look like?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    You should never be paranoid about it. Paypal will always have your back if you receive an item counterfeit or not as per the description of the ad. Take it up with them and you will get your money back if not for the seller who may not of known they were fake if it was a sealed tin.

Years
    pokegym.net/tower/ has a full database of every card. Well, almost every card. They're still in need of a few scans of some Dark Explorers cards.

Also, be aware that some energy symbols on a few HGSS set cards were unusually small for some reason.

Nesferxty

*90s Kid Forever*
    Years
    You should never be paranoid about it. Paypal will always have your back if you receive an item counterfeit or not as per the description of the ad. Take it up with them and you will get your money back if not for the seller who may not of known they were fake if it was a sealed tin.

It wasn't a sealed tin, aparently they were her sons cards and she had no idea there was such a thing as fakes....they are so obviously fakes I find theat hard to believe! She wants me to send them all back fro a refund but it will cost me £10 to send them back so I don't see the point. She wont do a partial refund either even though she over charged me by £8 on postage!

pokegym.net/tower/ has a full database of every card. Well, almost every card. They're still in need of a few scans of some Dark Explorers cards.

Also, be aware that some energy symbols on a few HGSS set cards were unusually small for some reason.

Thanks for the site, thats exactly what I was looking for so I can compare when i'm putting them all in their pockets.

I did notice that some were smaller but I did check online and they look genuine (the ones I have) and there doesn't seem to be any thing odd about them. Its always sods law that the really good ones are all fakes xD

Back