• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How in the blue hell do i evolve Togepi!?

Trainer Gabriel

ガブリエル
    Years
    He's up to level 41 now, and still hasnt evolved. The only way i know how to raise its happiness is to give it a massage. Any hints?

I might breed it to start over with a lvl 1, and use the advice given by you guys.

Source2007

Devoted Breeder
    Years
    Give it a massage every day, train it(which since its lvl 41 it should be high enough now).

I myself just gave my lvl 1 a soothe bell and took like 30,000 steps lol.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Walking around with steps also increases happiness. I think it's around every 250 steps, a Pokemon's happiness is raised by 1 point. Asides from that and massages, there is the use of the hold item Soothe Bell. Attach it to Togepi and walk around, it doubles the happiness gained. There's also the EV reducing berries. They also increase happiness while decreasing EVs.

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Uh... What the others said. For mine, I gave it massages everyday, fed it the EV reducing berries, then bought Vitamins to give the EVs back and raise it's happiness more.

If you don't have the Happiness Checker Poketch App, you need it. :x

eternal_prince_neptune

Expert Pokémon Pearl Trainer
    Years
    Vitamines-giving is the best way to raise happiness---

I did it wif my Budew at Lv4, at lv5 it evolved into Roselia--

(to TrainerGabriel: I wish u'll get a beautiful Togekiss soon ^^)

Bye

Years
    -Give it a Soothe Bell.
    -Train it against low-level opponents. (so you get lots of battles per level)
    -Give it massages and what not.
    -If you're rich, give it vitamins.
    -If you're patient (which I wouldn't expect given the nature of this thread), give it EV lowering berries.
    -It only tries to evolve when it levels up.

Mine on Emerald evolved in its 20s, and I don't believe anything's changed on D/P in that department.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    i believe its about 3500 steps to make your pokemon as happy as it can get, wich is its evolvbin point. A good quick way to do this is take your bike and ride up and down the bike trail. It will get your pokemon happy in less than 5 min

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Walking around with steps also increases happiness. I think it's around every 250 steps, a Pokemon's happiness is raised by 1 point. Asides from that and massages, there is the use of the hold item Soothe Bell. Attach it to Togepi and walk around, it doubles the happiness gained. There's also the EV reducing berries. They also increase happiness while decreasing EVs.

Actually, I think it increases every 2,500 steps. =P

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
    This worked really well for me

1. Grow some EV reducing berries
    2. Hatch a baby pokemon at level 1
    3. Feed some of the berries to the new level 1 baby
    4. Give the baby a rare candy
    5. It should evolve at level 2

It reason this works really well is that It cant reduce any EVs because it was just born. This way you can easily evolve him without even worrying about reducing those precious Evs you have worked so hard on.

Back