• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to finish the game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    got all 16 baadges, caught 97 pokemon and havnt beaten red yet, still finishing the side quests ^.^
    all pokemon are in the mid 60s except my jirachi :3

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Took me about 4-5 days and about 4 tries to defeat Red. Now planning to get a second DS unit so I can start trading over some stuff to my Heart Gold.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • wow...now i feel really slow...im at 24 ish hours and training to go get my 5th badge. but then again i like taking my time on games

Years
  • Beat the Elite Four at about 13 hours, and have yet to bother going after Red. I`m at 40 hours now.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • at about 30h. Tried to play the game slowly but ended up getting to the rocket hideout. I might take some time off from the "story" and breed/train pokemon.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • LOL i am playing it for 29 hours and only 2 kanto badges to go though i could have ended up more fast since i have lots of studys so i couldnt do it XD

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I have had the game since Thursday, but I only put about 11 hours into it, and I have 3 badges. Like I said before, I'm taking this game slow and talking to everyone this time.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • It took me around 44 hours to get through all 16 badges. This is including soft-resetting for a Latias and spending many hours on Voltorb Flip. I was still underleveled for pretty much every Gym battle. :/

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    24 hours and I'm done with everything except Red and the post-Red legendaries and starters. It doesn't take the same time Platinum did, does it?

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • 25:41 with a little help from my diamond game. ;)

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • Well im at 16 hours and i traded over a starly and a houndour from pearl and platinum.
    I haven't completed it i got 4 kanto badges.
    (i got this game imported in december)

Namené

Poké-nub
    Years
  • i think it took me about a good 16 hours. after i beat the whole game. another 10 to get mt pokemon up to atleast beat red.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I only have 6 badges, and I'm currently at the rocket hideout in Mohagany Town. I've been playing for almost 44 hours. Most of the time I'm training pkmn, but I didn't really play that much yesterday.

Lol I feel slow reading how some ppl got all 16 badges in 10-20 hours. But hey you know what they say, slow and steady wins the race. I might rush through HG when I buy it though.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • 26 hours when I got 16 badges, and became 30 when I defeated Red. I did some serious grinding. All my Pokemon were level 65-70 before the battle. Before I grinded, probably level 60. :)

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • about 30 hours to get all 16 badges. I havnt gotten around to vsing red and ive played it 4 68 hours.
    I might try and vs him after i get around 250 in my pokedex.

Back