• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to finish the game?

Years
    I got to red and beated him in 8 hours (Yes, I have no life)

Well all you guys going so fast makes me feel like I really have no life. I've been playing it at least three hours a day since March 14th, and today I am clocking in at 81 hours, 18 minutes. So an average of 7.4 hours a day. I feel so lame right now :/ Where has my life gone to?! I dream about pokemon, and hear the music when the game is off. Creepy huh?

What did I do all this time in the game? Well I don't really know how to answer that, except that I just beat the Elite Four last night for the first time. :/

So I guess I am going by very slow...how did people train their pokemon so fast?

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I'm not finished, or even close to. I'm just about to get my 8th Johto badge. I like to take my time and enjoy games haha

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    At 46:15 I beat the E4. Now I'm at 70:53, taking my time. I have all badges, and got it on March 14.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I only just got it today, before it even came out here in the UK. =P But it usually takes me about 3 or so days to complete a Pokemon game. Though since I havnt played in Johto before, it could take me longer. =)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    20:36, 3 Badges. A lot of grinding. A lot. lol :laugh:
    Omg I don't feel so bad about taking 45 hours to beat the Elite 4 now. Wow, you're crazy. (In a good way... I think. XD)

Haha, anyway, yeah, my clock said about 45 hours when I finished up with Johto. I'm at about 53 hours and I have 3 Kanto badges (but have explored every city except for Cinnabar). I dunno how long it'll take me to beat Red, though. XD;

Years
    I only just got it today, before it even came out here in the UK. =P But it usually takes me about 3 or so days to complete a Pokemon game. Though since I havnt played in Johto before, it could take me longer. =)

That's what happened to me. I had never played in Johto, so it was all really new to me. I'm the biggest slowpoke here! Except I'm not pink and psychic.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    It took me a week to finish the game, even though I beat Lance on the first day. I'd estimate it took 17 hours for me.

Years
    I'm at 58 hours now and still haven't beaten all the Kanto gyms or Red. This is about normal for me though. I think I had 200 plus hours on Pearl when I owned it.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    4 hours and 33 minutes to defeat Jhoto League.

Then 1 hour and 42 minutes more to defeat Red.

'The End' at 6:15.

I do this speed challenge in every game basically. :3

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I created this thread awhile ago...I beat it on the release date because I got it 2 days prior...I was the first English player to beat the game.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I created this thread awhile ago...I beat it on the release date because I got it 2 days prior...I was the first English player to beat the game.

Other than the English video game test sites :) and all those people who got the ROMs from Torrent when it leaked about five or seven days before the release day.

I'm at 64h and I'm currently grinding Dratini to Level 55 with the rest of my unevolved team. I'm thinking of finishing around 150h? That'd be enough to grind to 90.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    About 46 hours, and I'm grindin' for the league. Most of my team is level 39, apart from the pikachu coloured Pichu (40) and Lugia (50).

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    It only took me 25 hours. That's including Kanto and Red. I thought it'd take longer considering it took me 23 hours to beat the Elite Four in Platinum, and that was only one reigon.

Back