• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you think you'll stay with pokemon?

Do you think you will be a Pokemon fan forever?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • I'll sooner or later grow out of it...

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters

The Dream

I know I let you down...
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I may get tired of the future generations, but the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hold a special place in my heart, especially the music, and the manga. Never will get tired of Pokemon, even if it's old.

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
    Years
  • ive stuck with pokemon since it came out.in high school i actually got like 5-6 people in my drama troop to start playing again because of my obsession with it. and in my college there is a quite large amount of people with pokewalkers. hell i even defend pokemon from the constant haters on the internet. so its safe to say that ill continue to play pokemon and enjoy it for a very very long time.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I'll probably never give up on Pokemon but the series will likely end or be drastically redone when they find out nobody can possibly keep track of 29475958483 Pokemon. So I might just end up living to see Pokemon's death, not that I'm wishing for it or anything. ;p

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Well, I was 5 since I joined the party, and I've been growing strong ever since.
    I've had a really big break between 2006 and 2009 (early 2009) when I stopped because of entourage. :x

So yeah, I now lead the gang of Pokemon gamers from my school. Around 20 tbh. We hold a lot of battles together, but I know they'll once grow out.

I hope I won't. :-)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Well it depends if the next region's Pokemon are about as poorly created as this one's.

Blew

Blew Your Mind!
    Years
  • I'm gonna stick with Pokémon at least until the B/W comes out in the UK. If I feel the new game(s) suck, I'll probably go off Pokémon and move on.

xaviernailo

Training since Yellow
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    I have no intentions of stopping. It has its ups and downs, but there is always solid game play. Pokemon is like the old familiar friend that no matter what happens it's always there.

Duragi

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Till the day I die. If I hate the new ones, I'll just replay the old. I've played from age 6 till now, age 16. 10 yrs. My my my, so many changes. But the pokefreak in me will never die.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    I've been watching the Pokemon anime since I was a kid and I remember waking up early every Saturday just to watch Pokemon and until now I have been a pokemon fan. I doubt I will ever grow out of it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Forever!
    :D;

Though, yeah, as long as PC lives I guess, since that'll keep my interest up. Dunno about gen 6, but from what I hear about B/W, I like it, so I'll stay with Pokemon for the next few years, at least~

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon since I was about 7 years old and I do enjoy the game still but, I am starting to lose interest in Pokemon. I still am quite the fan of Pokemon to say the least, but I'm not as addicted, I will only play the games occasionally now and more often than not, move onto another game in boredom. The only games of Pokemon I will play for longer than 5 minutes has to be the Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald area, the newer games just don't appeal to me the same as these ones did. I think I won't completely lose all my interest in Pokemon, but I won't be as much as an avid player as I used to be in the past.

Thunder_Brew_07

Friend of All Pokemon
    Years
  • It's weird, I've been an avid Pokemon fan since I was in 4th grade (I'm 21 now) and I feel like I've never loved Pokemon more. They're becoming a bigger part of my obsession =D It will be around for a looong time to come!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    I got my first pokemon toy when I was 2 (It was a plushie butterfree I still have it to this day. :D), Pokemon also it helped me in the first year of secondary school to make friends with a girl and now we are BFF's, I think I will always love pokemon. Even when I'm old and decrepid. :P

Years
  • I leave pokemon games time ago with gold edition but... IM BACK, playing with SoulSilver. Im weak against 3rd and 4th generation pokemon because i dont know many of them XD.

I still enjoy play the games, there is no age for this xD

Back