• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many computers do you have? :O

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Currently, one. (two if you count my tablet? xD). I used to have up to three, two laptops and one desktop. One laptop, the screen blacked out. The other had its fan busted even though it had lived a wonderful three years. And the desktop's power supply stopped working.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Uhhh.. 4.

Dad just got a new desktop because his was about 12-years-old and I'm surprised it still ran. He only replaced it when XP was no longer supported and his desktop literally could not handle running a newer OS. It's a Dell, because the parents have super huge amounts of credit through them, running Windows 8 + Classic Shell because he's too old to learn a new OS and just wanted XP forever.

I bought my mom a laptop 2 years ago, just a cheap little ASUS with Win7, because she'd been using freakin' WebTV for as long as I could remember, and she was always whining about how she couldn't use it to do anything except check her email. Yet she still paid $10 a month for this 'service' for several months after I bought her a laptop. .__.

And I have a laptop and a desktop.
    Laptop is a HP that I bought for light gaming and school work while we traveled. Light gaming doesn't work on it because it doesn't actually know it has a real video card. .-.
    Desktop I built myself for gaming. She's amazing and I love her.

I have no idea what ISP we have. Local, is all I know. But it's DSL so it may as well be dial-up most days, so who really cares what company it is. :v

Years
    Three computers total at my place.

Two of them are desktops, both HPs I believe (I can't really check at the moment as I'm not there), one is mine and one belongs to the husband. All I remember is that mine is a slightly newer model compared to his, haha. Both have Windows 7 on them.

Then there's the laptop I've had for years, a Dell Inspiron 6400 that I'm honestly surprised still works. That one has Windows Vista on it.

Although I guess there's also the dead Dell desktop still sitting in a corner of my place, but that barely counts.

Years
    For myself, I have an old Compaq model that my mother bought three or four years ago and eventually handed it down to me once she got an iPad for herself. I've been saving up for a new laptop, because my current one is beginning to run incredibly slow when I watch videos and browse the Internet at the same time, which is something I do regularly. The computer's hooked up to an old television we don't use anymore, so it works as a gigantic monitor.

Other than that, my dad has a newer Compaq, my brother the same model as mine, and my old computer that doesn't work anymore, currently residing in the corner of my closet. Not sure if that counts, though d:

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    I only have one right now - but back when I lived at the parents' house, we had more than 10!

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
    I'm using a laptop. Its brand is Dell Inspiron. It has been alive for 2 years, and it's still going strong.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    8, though only 3 of them are in usable condition. The other 5 are old 98/xp machines, they still work though the hardware in all of them is crap.

Main computer computer is a HP Pavilion H8-1234, with a updated video card (GTX 650) and a 3 TB drive. Also pulled the 2 gb stick from it, so it's 8 gb now, though I've another 8 gb set that I'm thinking of adding to it.

Backup computer is a HP Pavilion P6532F, though everything except the mobo has been changed out. (To a Phenom II X4 965, GT 520, 8 gb ram, a Antec 380W psu, and the 1 tb drive replaced with a 500 gb drive since I needed the 1 tb for a external enclosure)

Last is a crap-machines, slim design, can't remember the model number. Switched out the hdd to go into my backup computer, and put in a 160 gb drive. It's on 7 right now, though I'm thinking of wiping it and using it as a XP machine.

Back