• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] How Many Galar Pokemon Did You/Are You Using?

Years
    I generally take it upon myself to use at least a few Pokemon from whichever generation of game I am playing. With Galar however, for some reason I didnt make any strong connections with any of the Pokemon in Galar. My team is set as of the completion of the 3rd gym, and I think it will remain the same, and as it stands I have no Pokemon from Galar on my team. To contrast, in Omega Ruby, I only used Pokemon from Hoenn in my playthrough.

Have any of you ever felt the same way about a particular generation?, or even Galar?

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    My team was only Galar Pokémon and I felt my team was okay at best. I wanted to say I starting using only new Pokémon (besides BW) in Kalos but I wasn't a fan of Pangoro and used Scrafty instead. I did do it in Alola though!

Overall, Galar was a mixed bag for me. While there are a few Pokémon that became some of my favourites, many feel forgettable and even some are my least favourites.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    6, assuming Galarian Rapidash counts. I always try to build a team of new Pokemon. I can relate to not being able to make connections with Pokemon in a new generation - it takes time for them to start feeling like Pokemon - but there happened to be enough Pokemon in Galar I did immediately connect with for my own individual reasons. (Inteleon because I was drawn towards the underdog factor, Yamper because I've always wanted a corgi Pokemon, Alcremie because the flavor gimmick is so cool, G-Ponyta/Rapidash because Ponyta has always been one of my favorite underrated Pokemon, and Dracozolt - well, all the fossils, really - because I love weird Pokemon. Come to think of it, I did have some trouble deciding on a 6th slot...)

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    In my current file all 3 of my Pokémon are Galar-mons (Scorbunny, Skwovet, Blipbug). I usually don't care about using Pokémon purley based on which region they were introduced in though, so the next 3 Pokémon on my team could be from previous regions.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    Everytime I play through the game for the first time I only use Pokemon that have first appeared in that game so I used all six to beat the game. However now I have beaten the game and can transfer from Home I am not using any.

Years
    i used a galar-only team! cinderace, galarian rapidash, drednaw, toxtricity, frosmoth, and hatterene. definitely different from you haha, I liked quite a lot of the galar mons and decided to form my whole team with them 👍

Back