• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How many hours did you put in gsc before it stop saving

Years
  • I only played Sliver for about 150 hours give or take a few hours. I had all 251 pokemon and then i lost it for a week when i found it it was corrupted I threw my GBA and broke it :(

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • I can't remember my big, main game of Crystal... there was a long hiatus between sessions, and sometime during that it stopped saving. Didn't know what happened, thought I had restarted on my own and "forgot"...

Play again, got... 8 hours or less. .___.;

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    my GBC died before my games lol, my crystal works still after 700 hours (between me and my brother)
    and my yellow has 237 hours (Me )

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I had somewhere around 150 hours on Silver, then I didn't play it for a year or so and when I decided to go back and check it, the battery was dead.

Gold, however, still works fine with about 70 hours on it.

Ss4gogeta0

Game Designer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    more or less i put atleast a couple thousand hours into pokemon gold...... 800 in yellow and 300 approamatly into blue

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I never lost my ability to save, however, I did lose one save file that had 213 hours on it. It had my prized Lv. 100 Meganium and Lv. 91 Ho-oh on it. I was trying to get my pokemon to Lv. 100, and it got deleted somehow. But I can still save. I know I didn't delete the save file, and I didn't know anyone who would do that to me, so... yeah.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    256 on Crystal...
    15 days of my childhood dedicated to Pokemon. *shot*
    My Silver Version barely had any time on it but it would never save... it was weird. :|

Ryōko1

Divine Fury
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    Over about 100 hours until I stopped playing.
    I had the best team that could beat anyone! After I stopped playing I eventually decided to come back only to find out my file was erased some how...

SunStorm55

Old-School Trainer
    Years
  • Not yet...

My Version of Gold has never died, but if it does, I bought a used Mega Memory Card on eBay so I can still load my game save without ever having to replace the battery. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I play it on an R4 right now, so it doesn't matter to me. :P

But on my Crystal (GBC) game about 50 hours before it died. I was crushed. :'(

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    I played 1285 hours. I invested my whole life and being into the game. Then one day poof file was corrupted. I no longer have a being to live..

Last edited:

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • I gaveaway my Gold version years ago and it didn't died but who knows maybe it did now i don't have it so i can't know for sure.. i don't know how many hours i had on it maybe around 100.

I had my red last year before i gave it too and it never died. It had ALOT of hours on it.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I sold my copy before it died out, but I recall it having 40 hours on it.
    That's just one file; 300+ hours total, perhaps.

Years
  • My Pokemon Silver or Crystal battery is still alive and kicking, along with ALL of my other GB/GBC games. Not one of the batteries has died. Although...the time on my Silver somehow reset and I had to set it again, hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
  • I have got my gold version since 2002, I use it regularly since then and restarted the game several times. I think I easily went to 500 hours on it and it still saves the game, well maybe it's gonna die tomorrow or whatever but right now it's working *-*

Back