• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how many levels do you train per city

Years
    If I'm just playing the game through regularly I'll just train to whatever, I won't really keep tabs on how many levels I'm doing per city, though if I'm playing through the game with one Pokémon I'll level up about five levels per city and then occasionally just add on another five levels at some place, like at the Oreburgh Mines or in Eterna Forest for example.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Depending on what city it is and how far until the next gym I try for anything from 5-10 levels or so.

Years
    I mostly run through the game and only train when I'm stuck against some boss. This means I'm often underleveled, but too much training is too annoying and time-consuming for me.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    ^Same. Although I do like to keep my Pokemon a) all at the same level and b) at a nice, rounded level. I'd never challenge a gym with a lvl. 17, a lvl. 18 and a lvl. 16. They're all being trained to at least 18, if not 20.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I don't have a certain limit. Thats just not fun. I train when ever I need to and I'm usually over the gym leaders level limit anyway. ;D

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    The only time i really pay attention, is right before the elite four, i like to set an idea on what level i want each pokemon to be at

Ayselipera

I never try for a certain amount. Whatever level they end up at by the time I reach *blank* city is the level they're at. Unless of course they're way to underleveled for the gym leader of that city. Then its off to the grass for me. :)

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I never really trained a certain amount, like, whatever level they're at when i get to the next town, thats where they're at
    if i need to train more, then i'll train more o3o

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Here's my strategy, it's worked for every game. First, level up to 5 levels above your rival's poke when you first battle him/her (for red etc, consider the second battle). Next, train 5 levels before each gym (which becomes REALLY frustrating for Petalburg, since the wilds are really low levelled). Next, train 10 levels before the e 4 (usually a breeze, thanks to victory road). Yeah, i know, it's really harsh, but that's the way it is if you want to cruise through the game...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Usually 5, but that's hard to do in GSCHGSS when you have the Cianwood and Olivine gyms literally right next to each other. Not to mention the horrible levels on the wild Pokemon...but yeah, I usually do 5 levels or so by the time I'm around my 3rd gym.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Considering how most cities have little to no trainers, I'd say my average number of levels gained per city is 2.

nui876

I like hacks
    Years
    i usually train 5 to 9 levels. But before a gym in my pokemon blue sea edition game, I trained my Trapinch 20 levels.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    I try to train 5 levels per city sometimes i do more sometimes i fall short :(

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    It depends. Usually before the first badge Ill get all my pokemon to around level 10-12. Then I try to have the pokemon 5 levels above the gym leaders.

Back