• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen How many of you caught Mew legit?

StarkePkMn

Master of The Sky
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2013
    And by Legit, I mean the teleport glitch and in a gameboy, not roms!

Obviously talking about Red or Blue version.

So, anyone?

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I used the Mew Glitch in red to catch it. I also used the same glitch and the experience underflow glitch to have a level 100 nidorina by brock. O_0 Those games were so screwed up, I wish I knew how to abuse them as much as I did then now. . .

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Hahaha, nah, I never did. But I messed around with a lot of the other glitches a lot. I miss how glitchy and awesome they were, it was definitely a lot of fun

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Got a Mew from a Color gen mall tour. Also had a gen one battle after. Got a little keychain thing with Boulder Badge & Cascade Badge 'charms' for the chain.

Years
  • I know how to do that glitch, but I never got to try it out because I have no idea where my R/B/Y games are.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Did it on my red and yellow. Now I have one on crystal and (thanks to some stupid program I found on) ruby. Yes that's right, there was a program made specifically to trade pokemon from second gen to third, if the saves were backed up on your comp.

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • Several times, in fact. Catching it is a pain, but making it appear is actually extremely easy.

grovyle802

Great at pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    I caught him with the glitch, leveled him up and beat the grass gym easily.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    I didn't. Someone traded a Mew with me and swore it was legit, but I don't believe it. xD
    When I found out about the glitch it was just too late, I already had given my pokèmon Yellow cartridge away. ;_;
    However, back to R/B/Y times, I used to believe the story of the truck, and I thought several times about restarting the game to go and reach it. Luckily, I never restarted it. lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Yep, I used the glitch! One of the coolest things ever! I also managed to get a Missingno and (because my characters name) lvl134 Mewtwo. I was pretty happy about that.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Mew glitch-Early Teleport version?
    Yes, on Yellow, then i traded to Gold to make it my Mew Distribution Centre for every GI-II version I have

Back