• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many Pokemon should there be?

How many Pokemon should there be in the games?

• Total voters

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It's obvious that Nintendo and Game Freak are running out of good ideas, so I'm hoping there woldn't be more than one more generation. :P

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    ...I don't know a part of me wants them to keep making new Pokemon so it never dies, however I just keep getting angry at the new Pokemon...I can't answer

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I'll have to say what we have now is best, because their are some WIN Poke's for this gen, but any more seems overkill-ish.

Wow, what a weird sentence.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I might can handle one more generation as long as some effort is put into their designs, but after that, I'm not sure. I'll still play if it does keep going, but I personally think 493 is good enough.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I would suggest the next generation include just seven pokemon to leave it off at a nice, even 500, but seven isn't enough for three starters' evolution lines. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    151 ... 152 Oh right. We pasted those numbers. >_>;

I don't know. I can think of a few animals that they haven't Pokefied yet -COUGHCOUGHADOLPHINPLEASECOUGH-, so I guess I wouldn't mind have a few more. But it's like what Splatty said; only if they put more effort into the designs WHICH MEANS A CUTE DOLPHIN POKEMON, PLEASE. Some of the Sinnoh pokemon I do have to say are good, but many of them lack what I like to say 'originality' and such. But then again, that just may be because I think they're ugly -coughtoxicroakcough-.

So really... I don't know what I say. 493 is a good number, but maybe stopping at a good solid number would be good? Like... 500 (oh, like they're going to make seven more Pokemon and then stop.... that would be pretty amusing though.)

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    ... Isn't Gorebbys (don't know how to spell it,) a boto dolphin?
    I think I agree with the seven and stop thing now.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    I wouldn't mind just one more generation, but there won't be many good ideas left, until they start generating pokemon which look a lot like ones that have already been created.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I always thought Gorebyss was more of a swordfish. If it isn't, there must be a Steel/Water swordfish pokemon.

I'm gonna say that they should keep making pokemon until they run out of ideas. Which won't be for a very long time. Look at all the fakemon in the world. Thousands of them. Sure, a lot of them are crap, but that's often down to poor spriting, not design. There are plenty of ideas left in the pot.

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    151 ... 152
    Oh right. We pasted those numbers. >_>;

I don't know. I can think of a few animals that they haven't Pokefied yet
    -COUGHCOUGH[S-HIGHLIGHT]ADOLPHINPLEASE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]COUGH-, so I guess I wouldn't mind have a few more. But it's like what Splatty said; only if they put more effort into the designs WHICH MEANS A CUTE DOLPHIN POKEMON, PLEASE. Some of the Sinnoh pokemon I do have to say are good, but many of them lack what I like to say 'originality' and such. But then again, that just may be because I think they're ugly -coughtoxicroakcough-.

So really... I don't know what I say. 493 is a good number, but maybe stopping at a good solid number would be good? Like... 500 (oh, like they're going to make seven more Pokemon and then stop.... that would be pretty amusing though.)
    I can't find Goreybiss, or however you spell it, but i know they should make a dolphin pokemon (I crossed out everything but what you said abot the dophins)

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I can't find Goreybiss, or however you spell it, but i know they should make a dolphin pokemon (I crossed out everything but what you said abot the dophins)

Goreabbys is an evolution of Clampearl. You need to trade one with a DeepSeaScale.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    As many as possible. (As long as they don't turn out to be completely weak and unoriginal).

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    I might can handle one more generation as long as some effort is put into their designs, but after that, I'm not sure. I'll still play if it does keep going, but I personally think 493 is good enough.

Exactly what's going through my head. This past generation wasn't that great, so I'm hoping that if they decide to go onto a new Generation that they become a little more creative. I'm fine with cutting it off at 493, though. It just seems like there will be too many to catch then.

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    Exactly what's going through my head. This past generation wasn't that great, so I'm hoping that if they decide to go onto a new Generation that they become a little more creative. I'm fine with cutting it off at 493, though. It just seems like there will be too many to catch then.
    As long as the Local Pokedex is easy and not that big, I"m good! but there still should be ++++++++1000++++++++ in the National! And the 4th generation of Pokemon is the best, though Crystal Version is the best game. Combine the lot of Pokemon from G4 and the awesomeness of Crystal, You get HEARTGOLD AND SOULSILVER!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
    New Pokémon have been continually released for much of my life, and I find the idea of that just .. stopping kind of scary. The real world's complement of organisms is incredibly vast, and makes Pokémon's ecological diversity look like a sterilized petri dish in comparison. There's a great many type combinations and morphological ideas yet to be tried; I very much hope that new Pokémon go on being created for the rest of my life.

So long they stay away from the Bidoof homologs, that is..

Back