• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many times ahve you started over in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Well, I haven't really restarted in either of them. I technically did restart a few times in my Pearl in order to obtain all the starters on my Diamond when I first got it, but otherwise, I haven't.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I've restarted twice, overall; once on my Diamond, before I started to establish a hold on the Sinnoh Region. (completed the in-game Events, really; that's about it) I restarted because I wasn't particularly happy with how I played through it... and the second time was on my Pearl, when I took upon myself a little Challenge, of sorts. After I transferred the items and Pokemon I wanted, of course.

With that, I haven't lost anything significant with any restarts I've done.

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I started over plenty of times for the sole reason that I can't resolve myself to play as a guy. In the anime, Dawn lives with er mother and gets a Piplup from Professor Rowan. I can't bring myself to play as Lucas and take a Turtwig, because I really want Dawn to have the Piplup in the end. Also, the fact that you can raname Barry and not Dawn annoys me. At least, we should have the right to rename both our helper and our rival, it would give us more customization. But I guess I'm just too picky about this. *sighs* Damn the Anime show and the canon pokémon trainers. I think I'm doomed for the rest of my days.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    A few times but Im currently playing a new run in pearl that I started today and Im going to make it my mastergame until platinum arrives( all my good pokes from before the restart is safe on my brothers diamond game, until i can transfer them)

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Diamond is my mastergame and I'm not restarting.
    I have too much Pokemon on it too. Plus, it has my Emerald and Firered Pokemon on it.
    I did start Emerald and Firered over again when I got them (I'm a new Pokemon game player but have watched the anime all my life) for all the starters, which I tranferred into my Diamond. & all the hours and loss of sleep I have spent on that thing...
    When Platinum comes out in English, that will be my mastergame. Thank the lord my brothers all has DS's too.

iDeathNote

Giggity!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2008
    Well i've just finished diamond for the first time! >_>

But I've played Pearl 3 times now. :D

Ordered my JAP version of Plat - will start it when I get it.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    I HAVE 3 DIAMOND GAMES AND NEVER GOING TO RESTART COZ THE 2 GAMES IS FOR MY PC BOX COZ MY FIRST GAME IS RUNNING OUT OF SPACE TO PUT THE POKEMON ON :D.........

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I've started again about three times due to boredom. I did everything but couldn't do further than that because all the battles got boring and there was nothing to do. Now however, is different. For reasons I can't quite explain.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
    I've started again about three times due to boredom. I did everything but couldn't do further than that because all the battles got boring and there was nothing to do. Now however, is different. For reasons I can't quite explain.

Yeah it can get boring after a while.I can't wait till platnium finds it's way over to the us so i can have a slightly different adventure.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Never have, just got Pearl to get more for the pokedex. Pt will allow me to have all the starter pokemon...

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    About 4 or 5 times in pokemon Pearl...but I am not going to start over again, not with the team I have..or how far i've gotten!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back