• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much can your computer do before it slows down?

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I don't lag often. But if I have many msn converstations or huge group convos, photoshop, and multiple tabs on firefox open, I do tend to lag...

Obito.

Uh huh
    Years
    I dont lag often. my comp was just upgraded xD

I have a game minimized (COD4), 6 MSN convos and 2 yahoo convos up, 12 firefox windows, utorrent, windows media player (DVD) and AVG runjnins scans and its not lagging at all

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    Mine's reliable, but it does break under a lot of programs easily. I'll have AIM, 2 IE windows, iTunes, and GIMP goin' and sooner or later, it just stops.

That's why I try to avoid this as much as possible.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I don't have godly amounts of RAM (or even semi-godly) so my max is probably Firefox with 3+ tabs and open and Photoshop before things noticeably slow down.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can have about 300 downloaded songs on iTunes running, a song, three tabs on Windows Live and about six or so tabs on Firefox going on at the same time before I start to really lag.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Wow, my laptop must literally fail to the most epic degree when compared to the rest of you. I mean, it can hold about three MSN chat windows, one Mozilla window with about four or so tabs, and maybe a Word Document before it starts its little fan and slows down.

That, or running any kind of flash application and/or anything that requires more attention than a notepad. ;_;

(Good thing it's coming back to me with more RAM than it originally had!)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Wow, my laptop must literally fail to the most epic degree when compared to the rest of you. I mean, it can hold about three MSN chat windows, one Mozilla window with about four or so tabs, and maybe a Word Document before it starts its little fan and slows down.

That, or running any kind of flash application and/or anything that requires more attention than a notepad. ;_;

(Good thing it's coming back to me with more RAM than it originally had!)

I think I must be crazy. I can do all I stated, but if I open anything related to Word, my computer just completely fails epically. It's not even funny. It's also extremely hard to understand why I can do all tat I can with it, yet it just.. :| I really don't know how to explain it.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I never experienced lags in my computer. I only open 4-7 tabs in my FF and using 3 NDS emulator for some classified purposes. I'm not fond of using too many programs.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Mine doesn't slow down unless I open so many things quickly, otherwise never. e.g I doubleclick My Computer and then quickly open My documents, recycling bin.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    My computer is okay, it could run enough process at one time: Music, homework, internet explorer, load videos.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    What, I can open 10+ tabs in firefox AND safari and my PC NEVER slows down.
    Like I said the ONLY thing that would make my PC freeze for 2 mins is if I open too much things at once.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but trying to do anything while burning videos onto DVD = death lag. I don't usually try millions of things at once, but I can be listening to YouTube videos while converting and downloading stuff, so that's OK for me. Although, yesterday I had iTunes up with Word and Internet Explorer and it was loading the typing I was doing on Word XD It hasn't done that before.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    This is a very general question. Using 3D Mark for our benchmarks or what? Have I pushed my machine to its limits? No. Only time I generally see a lot of lag is if I begin to capture in HD or SD with Time shifting. Besides that, basic tasks, I can't tell.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
    Before it slows down at all? NOTHING. If you mean slows down to the point of being unusable...Like 5 chat windows, a couple of browser windows and SwiftKit running, plus some taskbar programs I wasn't even using is all I've had at once, with moderate slowdown.

Facade

I Liek Fakemon :3
    Years
    I usually have Windows Live running ( 2 or 3 conversations), Firefox (2 or 3 tabs) and iTunes running, and it doesn't slow down at all.
    My computer runs slower when i'm playing WoW though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    It would depend on what I am doing.

For example, to efficiently run Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 without lag, I need to close most processes.

Under normal conditions, it takes an awful lot. I have about 15 programs that are always running in background with no trouble at all.

~Mooshykris

Back