• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How much do you want this remake to happen?

How much do you/did you want this remake to happen?

• I hate the idea of remaking G/S/C. It was totally unnecessary in my opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I wanted to make this clear once and for all, at least among the people here.
    The question: How much do you want these remakes to happen?

Choose the one that matches your opinion most from among the ones at the top ^

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • I just got into pokemon again a few months ago now. So i didn't care at the thought of a new remake. But now that i'm back into it i do miss my old silver game. So i can't wait to see this hit the shelves! Like a bunch of other people i bet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Hmm... This topic is going down fast.
    I wanted it to stay active for longer so that I can get to know the general opinion.

After coming back from places where heated conversation about how many people actually wanted this in the first place was going on, I thought I'd get the real answer...

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    How much do i want it to happen?
    well its already happening, theres nothing we can do or change about it, whether or not we wanted it in the first place :3

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I thought it'd be cool, but the fan base is seriously ruining it for me. Deal with the cute, new girl. Forget Crystal. Yeah, Kanto might still be small. Team Rocket is back. They might even keep sweet honey trees and apricorn balls. People complain about the pettiest things that it really douses any interest I had in it to begin with.

Yeah, Johto was fun, but...I don't credit my fandom to it (like a lot of people). The Caterpie episode of the anime started it, and Emerald version saved it later on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It feels good to know that so many of the votes are for the fifth option.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • The way you asked the question suggests you doubt that they are going to get made.

But anyway, I'm glad they are being remade since getting Johto updated into the 4th Gen can only be a good thing. However, the originals will still hold a special place in me.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I really want them to be remade because G/S was such a good generation and it'll be great seeing them in DPPt graphics with all the extras.

Plus G/S/C was my favourite generation.

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
  • I just can't wait! Got platinum yesterday! (I live in the UK) having so much fun with i, should last me till these come out, which will be ages. Course i've got sims 3 to play in the mean time too :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I got into the Pokemon Games because of Gold, Silver, and Crystal. If it wasn't for my beloved Silver, who knows where I would be right now.

But yeah. Ever since FR and LG game out, and definitely wanted this. I would have probably cried if this wasn't the remake (and heck... I cried in joy when the fact that they are making a remake of my favorite and first game ever was announced. )

So, I was this remake so much. Though my old Silver will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
  • Similar here, ever since they remade the first gens, I've just been waiting for them to redo gold and silver (and hopefully crystal?). Sure it was just "the pokemon sequel" but I remember how fascinated I was with all the gimmicks like time of day, Pokemon appearances, acorns. I'd like to see it redone for old times sake really XD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Quite a bit, but I wouldn't like kill myself if they didn't make one.
    I am really looking forward to it though. :D

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Like yeah, I really wanted to see a pokemon G/S remake so finally its happenning, so yay and can't wait till I get my hands on soul silver and heart gold!!! ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    I can't wait for this game! The screenshots make it look like a great step forward and it should be a big leap in comparison to FireRed and LeafGreen. I'm sad to see the girl from the crystal game won't be used though. The new one has an ugly hat.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing as it is already happening, I can't stop it. Though, I'm glad it is happening and I'm ready for when it arrives. I always wanted it to happen, and when I heard it would have been done for the DS over the GameBoy SP, then I thought the idea was even better than I thought.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I've wanted a Gold and Silver remake ever since my Gold died four years ago. While I started off playing the first generation, the second really got me hooked on Pokemon. It'd be nice to have the experiences that I had with the generation over again. :')

Back