• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How much of the gen 6 Pokemon do you like aesthetically?

Just for the closest number and be honest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Outlier

For their designs not their value in competitive battling. I'm going to sound like a negative nancy but I don't think I liked even half of the Pokemon introduced this gen. I'm probably in the minority but I put up a poll to find out.

So like vote and stuff.

What the hell is this thing?

How much of the gen 6 Pokemon do you like aesthetically?

Seriously gamefreak wtf

Last edited:

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
    Probably about 25%. Yes I've been with Pokémon since Gen 1, and I'm well aware their designs weren't perfect either, but I'm so sick of GameFreak doing the whole 'let's take this object, and put eyes on it!' thing. Vanillish, Honedge, Cofagrigus, etc. They're just an ice cream, a sword and an Egyptian coffin with eyes stuck on them. Klefki is the worst of all. They took some damn car keys and gave it eyes, then pronounced it a Pokémon. Most of the fakémon these days are far better than any of the designs GF are coming up with.

I'd say, this gen, the only designs I TRULY liked are: Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde, Braixen, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Vivillon, Heliolisk, Trevenant.
    The level of detail you see on the legendaries (& possibly Tyrantrum) this gen? THAT is how detailed ALL designs should be.

I mean I like Litleo/Pyroar, but Litleo is just a Shinx knock-off and Pyroar is a lion. Nothing different about it. Just. A lion. No cool design, no epic colour scheme, no intricate details. A lion. Same for Pancham/Pangoro. They're normal pandas. With a leaf and a cape respectively. Don't go bringing up all that 'gen 1 was just a pile of sludge (Muk), Krabby and a Seel!' crap, I already said I know Gen 1 wasn't perfect, but GF are slipping with their ideas now.

& Then Talonflame... oh God. I hate it more than Klefki. Far more. The Pokémon itself isn't the problem, I actually like its typing and its pre-evo (Fletchinder). It's the name. It's abhorrent. They literally took 2 English words and stuck them together. They don't even flow (like Volt + Orb does). It sounds ridiculous. Even some variation of the word 'bird' would have been better.

*deep breath*

Basically, they gave us barely any new Pokémon as it is. The least they could have done was make them half-decent. The random handful of Megas that are literally only distributed to Pokémon which are 'fan favourites' and have no other pattern to them... they do not make up for it in the slightest.

They've even started adding objects to Pokémon now, just because they can't think of how to improve the ACTUAL Pokémon design (see Flabébé, or the Conkeldurr evoline from last gen). It's ridiculous. & Don't even get me started on Swirlix/Slurpuff.

Outlier

Gee Thief Noctis why don't you tell us how you really feel or something. Haha nah I'm with you I voted 25% as well.

I'm perplexed when it comes to Mega Evolutions. I think it might be a sign that gamefreak could be running out of ideas for new Pokemon. On the other hand I really like some of the designs for the megas. The Mega Evolutions for Charizard, Tyranitar and Lucario all look badass. I'm indifferent to most of them and absolutely abhor a select few such as Mega Garchomp, Scizor, Heracross and Mewtwo X. Another positive to having Mega Evolutions is that they give some of the older Pokemon who sort of fell into obscurity a place in the metagame again. I really hate how gamefreak has phased out the usefulness of a lot of the older pokemon with each generation, and I guess this is gamefreak's way of rectifying this. I just hope they don't ruin the designs of more of my favorite Pokemon. If they make a mega Lugia and it ends up looking retarded I might have to kill someone.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I pretty much like all Pokemon designs this generation. I really can't think of a single design I disliked. Everything is unique and interesting. Perhaps Swirlix looks odd.

Outlier

I pretty much like all Pokemon designs this generation. I really can't think of a single design I disliked. Everything is unique and interesting. Perhaps Swirlix looks odd.

Really all of them? Well that's just like, your opinion man.

Anyways I'm surprised I don't see many people hating on Zygarde around these forums. Yes I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, subjective to each individual yadda yadda blah blah but Zygarde has to be the lamest looking legendary since Heatran!

Hopefully it gets a wicked new form or mega evolution in the next game but as it stands right now?

Spoiler:

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
    Here is an example of how they worked on this Gen at Game Freaks studio:
    "
    -Hey we lack steel typings! Lets make .... say... a sword!
    -Yes! All the boys like swords! But wait....
    -What?
    -Not all girls like swords....
    -So what?
    -Lets make a keychain too!
    "
    'nuff said..... :D

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
    Really all of them? Well that's just like, your opinion man.

Anyways I'm surprised I don't see many people hating on Zygarde around these forums. Yes I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, subjective to each individual yadda yadda blah blah but Zygarde has to be the lamest looking legendary since Heatran!

Hopefully it gets a wicked new form or mega evolution in the next game but as it stands right now?

Spoiler:
    Haha I actually like Zygarde, it's design reminds me of Vivillon (the whole cyber/digital pixels thing). I still think Cyber should be a Type (Porygon evoline, Vivillon, Zygarde etc). Only problem with Zygarde is that it resembles a snake, which makes me think it's Poison/Ground type. Yet somehow it's classified under Dragon which doesn't really make much sense.

My most hated Pokémon is actually Entei, but that's because of the 3rd movie. I saw it when I was younger and was just horrified that it would steal someone's parent lol, I got really angry with it.

As for the Megas, I don't love or hate them. There's a couple I like in terms of designs, such as Absol, Tyranitar and Scizor... but the general concept of them is appalling. Like, I hate how they only gave them to random Pokémon (and unfairly gave Charizard/Mewtwo 2 each). & How giving a Pokémon a mega-evolution means it's now never going to get an ACTUAL evo. Absol deserved an evolution, and I would have preferred a proper one over some temporary in-battle thing which doesn't actually do it as much grace as it should.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    My least favorite mega evolution is Gyarados, I mean come on, it looks like its trying to embrace its Magikarp roots. But I agree most of this gens Pokemon designs blow hard. seems like they were too focused on mega evolution designs instead of more new Pokemon.

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
    A few of them are nice, but not all of them will be fan favourites. To use the most cliche point ever: if Voltorb or Grimer were Gen 6, everyone would hate them! I'm fine with pokemon being based off inanimate objects, so long as they don't look too bad. I agree Klefki is silly, but I think Aegislash is cool! And Zygarde is a bit lame, but the others are great! Not everything can be a fan favourite, and not all 711 pokemon can be Absol, Charizard, or Lucario.

Years
    Well, I'm very new to Pokemon, so they're all new to me, except for those which have heavily permeated into the popular culture, but I'm probably at around 50% with those I know belong to the fresh gen batch.

I really like Amaura/Aurorus, Sylveon and Goodra. Fennekin's also nice. And say what you will, I *like* Slurpuff.

Bunnelby's starting form just seems lazy, and evolved he looks just awful. Whenever I look at him I see a disheveled high school jock who's let himself go. Also, personally I'm not a fan of inanimate objects as pokemon or pokemon with out of place weaponry growing out of them, like Blastoise. Just personal preference.

That being said, no complaints. I may not like some of the pokemon, but it's not a big deal. There are a lot I *do* like.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Every generation will always have Pokemon I just love, and some that I will hate, and some that I wish where introduced earlier. I'm guessing I be between 0% and 25% (about half way - so voted for 25% as I'm closer to that).

My Absolute favorite Kalos Pokemon are the 4 Felines [Espurr, Meowstic, Litleo, and Pyroar] this wouldn't be a surprise since I love cats.

At first I hated Fennekin's evolutions [Fennekin, Braixen, & Delphox], I didn't liked it at all, but along the way, I started to like them, then when I used one I fell in love with them.

Other designs that I'm starting to like include Chespin, Quilladin, Helioptile, Heliolisk, & Sylveon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I tend to like the ones that have more organic designs, i.e. not crazy about Magnemite. But I think there is a place for crazy weird in the pokemon world, but it would be best if they aren't over-abundant.

I like the starters in this one a lot, esp. Greninja and Delphox. Vivillon is definitely the prettiest butterfly/ moth pokemon so far.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    Don't like Zygarde. At all. It's just...I honestly don't know. xD I refuse to catch it because of how much I dislike it. I think it's the pokemon I like the least in this gen. The 3rd form of starters also bother me. Especially Delphox. They could've done such a better job with its design. ;.;

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    It seems like each generation has a sense of 'style'. Kanto's pokemon were a lot more rugged in design, second generation they got a little more cutesy with a similar rough look... then generation 3 they made them incredibly natural based with details... then generation 4 comes and it's cute cute cute... generation 5 got extremely curvy, bold lined designed pokemon with more shaped features rather than detail... and generation 6 is just a lot of really curvy looking designs.

I can't really say I don't like any of the pokemon ( yes I chose 100% ) because I guess they are trying to create a sense of style of the pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    the only pokemon in this gen that i have a problem with are klefki, aromatisse, slurpuff, and barbacle

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
    Years
    Honestly, I like a good chunk of the pokemon from Gen 6. The main ones I don't like are Avalugg and that one pokemon that's some crystal rock (although the more that I look at it, the cuter it does look to me). I used to not like quite a lot of the pokemon from this Gen, but the more I looked at them, they just grew on me.

I feel like I don't like more of the pokemon from 5th gen than I do 6th gen, but usually the more I interact with them, they just end up growing on me.

Like, when I first saw Klefki, I thought it was a dumb design, but after seeing fanart and stuff and the more I saw it battle, I started to like it. The same for goes for Slurpuff.

I can't say much about the game as a whole since I don't own it yet (Christmaaaas ~.~), but I do like the designs the longer they are around.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I mean I like Litleo/Pyroar, but Litleo is just a Shinx knock-off and Pyroar is a lion. Nothing different about it. Just. A lion. No cool design, no epic colour scheme, no intricate details. A lion. Same for Pancham/Pangoro. They're normal pandas. With a leaf and a cape respectively. Don't go bringing up all that 'gen 1 was just a pile of sludge (Muk), Krabby and a Seel!' crap, I already said I know Gen 1 wasn't perfect, but GF are slipping with their ideas now.

Wtf are you talking about? Muk was FREAKING AWESOME. It is a poison type sludge pokemon. I don't know how they could have designed a sludge pokemon to look any cooler. Consider what they were going for before you rate that design as bad.

Seel. Bleh.

Kingler is pretty good for a crab. It looked cooler first gen (on Red version) before they made one of its pincers puny.

Back