• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Often Are $200+ PSA Sealed Pokemon Cards Messed With?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    Been getting into the card game once again lately and have looked on eBay for some cards I would like to purchase. Some of them range from $200-$1,000 and I'm just wondering how often these are messed around with? IE opened and sealed again to put in fakes, fake packages made and sealed around a fake card etc.

If the card is PSA sealed and the seller has 98+ rating, can I assume that the card is real? Should I send it back to PSA for re-verification?

Never used eBay before so any extra tips on what I should watch out for regarding Pokemon cards would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • The vast majority of collectors keep PSA-graded cards in the screw cases PSA sends them back in.

It would probably be worth investing time in making sure you're familiar with what a legitimate card should look like as well as what the label on a PSA-graded screw case should look like. PSA only grades their condition, iirc. They're not really knowledgeable about what's what in Pokemon cards, iirc.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Never. If would be extremely obvious to tell when a PSA case has been tampered with. As a big time psa collector, i have never seen anything like this happen.

Back