• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How often do you play the games?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Figured this'd be better off as two different threads.

How often do you play? If you don't play the games often, why not? Is it that you have other commitments, the games are boring or you simply have done all you can do in the games (which seems pretty unlikely...)? Did you play the games a lot more in the past? Do you play these games more often than you play past games (if so, is that due to them being the "newer" games or another reason?) If you play the games a lot now, do you see yourself playing them often when newer games are released, aka, can you see yourself going back to Black and/or White?

On a side note, if you'd like to discuss about why you're not playing in general in reference to post-game and such, you'd best be posting in the thread for that.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I used to play it every day, but then I got bored sort of... And then after I beat the game, I went on Dream World every day. Except, now I haven't been on at all since I haven't exactly touched the DS for weeks now.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I play my White every day while I'm on holiday. I usually do it in bed before falling asleep xD
    The new generation seems a bit strange to me though..

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • yeah i play it everyday, and i've restarted both at least 3 times each.... these games for some reason are on par with being my favourite pokemon games along with emerald, my first game was pokemon yellow and I've had every game since and they just keep getting better, and B/W has tipped the iceberg :)

Years
  • I actually haven't played it much yet x.x
    I played my white up to the top four. Then I took a break cause I wanted to finish training my Pokémon off SS (so I could leave a copy on PBR) before sending them over. Buuut when I was about to do so... I found out that I can't trade due langauge differences D: So I got myself another Black. I try to play it daily.. mostly before I fall asleep o.o But I'm not too far yet :3

Years
  • I used to play White pretty frequently. As in, every day frequently. But after

Spoiler:

I started to stop playing it. I only ever picked it up to see what the different seasons looked like and what my Ferris Wheel buddy for the month was like. Last time I played I was trying out the Battle Subway, but I'm not sure when I'll go back.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i usually play everyday. i spend my time EV training, trading and battling. im always in the process of making a better team.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I don't play very often anymore. I beat White the first week it came out... played through Black one and a half times(Yeah, haven't finished my second playthrough... who knows if I ever will :|) I just have better things to do, like being here (unless of course you'd prefer I never come on and have my face stuck in my DS -.^) or playing Pearl/SoulSilver. I've started to play it a bit more though...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • When the first month of the new games came out, I was playing evey waking hour of the day (even though I should have been doing homework but oh well) but after the month, I would play the game three to four times a week (which I am still doing). I'm just training my Pokemon and trying to max out my trainer card which is taking forever.

:t354:TG

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I actually haven't touched White in a couple of months now. I actually stopped mid game after restarting it my second or third time. When I had first gotten it, I was playing it every day, but now not as much as I thought I would have. I'll pick it up again eventually and start playing it more often, but right now I have my eyes set on playing over Platinum again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Every time a new Pokemon game comes out I always play it 24/7 till I complete it. Then I leave it because after you have beaten the game there is nothing much left to do.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2011
    I used to play a lot more, but now I have school and work >.<

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I play Black quite a lot because of its engaging storyline and the Pokemon involved. Post-game, it sort of slows down.

Years
  • Just started playing them for the first time, so often for now, but probably a significant amount less once I head back to school.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • the plotline was amazing and new pokemon were nice, but after E4 I just got gradually bored of it and now I barely even play my pokemon black (though I've gone back to Gen IV temporarily)

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
    Years
  • Well, I play everyday so I can train my pokemons and breed the ones that traders request. I still see this as a fun thing to do, so I keep playing. {:

About restarting the game, I only did twice. To get the three legendary dogs (since they depend on your starter) and to get both Latios and Latias.

I'm trying to start SoulSilver, since I never played it and I'm curious to see its story.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    i kinda play it but i'm just not a big fan of the new generation. it seems too...teddy bearish...like all the pokemon are just a bunch of stuffed animals. so i've been playing gen 1-3 more than the last two generations. they were way more fun compared to these past two

Back