• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How old are you as a pokemon GBA addict?

How old are you as a Pokemon GBA addict?

• 5-10 years old

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • 11-19 years old

Votes: 94 78.3%
  • 20-29 years old

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • 30-39 years old

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 40-49 years old

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 50-60 years old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61 and over years old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • US
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    I'm nineteen. I've been off and on with Pokemon since I was 12. I started out just a regular fan. But now the nostalgia has kicked in, and I'm addicted to the remakes, I own all the versions, haha, and I've been watching the Original seasons lately. I know I'm an addict because I have the need to "catch them all". Of everything I've liked in my life, this is the one that has stuck, like cement.
    Glad to be apart of this community and discuss topics with people I am in some ways a lot alike.

Nex

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    Well my minions, I have like Pokemon since I was like five, and I am now 13. I don't tell anyone I like Pokemon because then I would be unpopular!!!! In fact I am one of the most popular people in my school, but not for who I am. I would much rather be friends with the anime nerds then with the ones I have now. As you can guess I don't believe in the whole "You'll make more friends if you are yourself." crap. I've tried, so now my philosophy is "Do what everyone else is doing."

My Pokemon fetish has been tuned down though. I find the games to be rather monotonous and the anime, well, have you seen it? I spend my time on Pokemon role-plays.

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
  • I'm 15 and it's still a part of my life. My friends don't care much. Some of them have played pokemon before or still watch the anime. To think..it all started with a yellow version, and now I'm here .^^

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I've fifteen years old, and I love smoking weed, and no one knows that I like Pokemon xD

Except for like, my brother and sister, but so do they.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    16. Loved and played it since it first came out. Age shall not hinder my love for my favorite video game series. <3

Pretty much all my friends know, too. They don't care.

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • I was first in love with pokemon when it first came out. Then everyone walked away from it, and in turn i did to. Then years later, i watched one of the movies, and ive loved it since.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Well my minions, I have like Pokemon since I was like five, and I am now 13. I don't tell anyone I like Pokemon because then I would be unpopular!!!! In fact I am one of the most popular people in my school, but not for who I am. I would much rather be friends with the anime nerds then with the ones I have now. As you can guess I don't believe in the whole "You'll make more friends if you are yourself." crap. I've tried, so now my philosophy is "Do what everyone else is doing."

My Pokemon fetish has been tuned down though. I find the games to be rather monotonous and the anime, well, have you seen it? I spend my time on Pokemon role-plays.

I'm actually interested in this mentality (not calling it bad or anything, just interested)

We're the same age, yet we seem to think differently. I don't see why you can't just "be yourself" Being friends with people whom don't like the real you don't really seem like friends. Especially since you basically admitted you'd rather be friends with anime "nerds" Being popular by beiing something other than you are is...kinda sad to be honest.

Again, I'm not judging you, what you do with your life is your business, but I just felt like saying something on this matter :3

Oh, and by the way, I absolutely despise the anime, it's just very bad.

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • I'm actually interested in this mentality (not calling it bad or anything, just interested)

We're the same age, yet we seem to think differently. I don't see why you can't just "be yourself" Being friends with people whom don't like the real you don't really seem like friends. Especially since you basically admitted you'd rather be friends with anime "nerds" Being popular by beiing something other than you are is...kinda sad to be honest.

Again, I'm not judging you, what you do with your life is your business, but I just felt like saying something on this matter :3

I agree. My group of friends knows and accepts that i love pokemon. In fact, i found out others who love it too just by saying i do also.

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    I'm actually interested in this mentality (not calling it bad or anything, just interested)

Well im kind'va in the same boat he is i started wide Receiver in Junior high and i start Safety in high school ball which in turn has got me very popular,but i do still love pokemon ^^ although i would never admit it.I like da friends dat i got now but i would'nt trade them for anime people (not dat thier anything wrong with them) i really dont know why i like pokemon now just one of the "Fatal Attractions" lol.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Well im kind'va in the same boat he is i started wide Receiver in Junior high and i start Safety in high school ball which in turn has got me very popular,but i do still love pokemon ^^ although i would never admit it.I like da friends dat i got now but i would'nt trade them for anime people (not dat thier anything wrong with them) i really dont know why i like pokemon now just one of the "Fatal Attractions" lol.

You're content with your friends, and you don't make it so keeping it a secret is a MUST. You have no problem. :3

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    lets see i started playing before it was ever released in the states i got a No$GB way back when pokemon roms were originally in JP. that was a long long time ago.. now im 24

THECHAMPISHERE88

Event Collecting Champ
    Years
  • i just turned 18 and i played pokemon when i was like 6 or 7 so i just always liked it...when i was like 14-16 i stopped likin it then D/P came out and i got back into it...mostly just collectin events though...

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    I'm 16. First game was Yellow that came with my brand new GBC. I've been hooked since then.

I've owned all first gen games (still have them), all 2nd gen (only still have gold; gave silver and crystal to my cousin), Sapphire and FireRed. I've played Emerald, Ruby, Leafgreen, Diamond, and Pearl too though.

I keep it a secret but a couple of my friends know I still love the games.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm 14 and I still like pokemon and so does my brother and sister XD
    Not much of an addict though..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back