• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How old are you as a pokemon GBA addict?

How old are you as a Pokemon GBA addict?

• 5-10 years old

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • 11-19 years old

Votes: 94 78.3%
  • 20-29 years old

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • 30-39 years old

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 40-49 years old

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 50-60 years old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61 and over years old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

geno421

Script and Spriter
Years
  • I am 17 and still love Pokemon. :)

I can understand why almost all the votes go towards 11-19 though. Pokemon first came out in 1995. I was 5 then. Most of us in this age group grew up with it.
    Almost anyone I talk to around my age do not bash on it due to nostalgic reasons.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
  • I'unno exactly. I started when I was 8, maybe. And I'm 13 right now. So that makes exactly 5 years. That's what I've voted as well.

Everybody knows that I love Pokemon. It doesn't make much of a difference to them. I mean, I don't see what's so "childish" about Pokemon. And after all, it is a game, isn't it? There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game.

Hypntick

Wobbuffet!
    Years
  • I would say part of the "childish" aspect is the anime itself. A lot of people equate it with a children's show, which in truth it is intended to be. However, most people that consider things to be to "childish" apparently are unwilling to still have fun with their lives. However being one of the few guys in their 20's i've seen post on this thread maybe i'm the crazy one. =P

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • Pokemon pretty much runs ramped in my school. I am in the 11-19 age group
    and a lot of ppl at my school play Pokemon, I even know a senior who plays it!
    A lot of ppl have gotten back into it and forgot about the whole "childish" thing.
    I think they have just come to realize what a great franchise it is, just like me!

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Pokemon pretty much runs ramped in my school. I am in the 11-19 age group
    and a lot of ppl at my school play Pokemon, I even know a senior who plays it!
    A lot of ppl have gotten back into it and forgot about the whole "childish" thing.
    I think they have just come to realize what a great franchise it is, just like me!

I wish my school did that.

Beria

PiiPiika x3
    Years
  • Oh Im 18 and here theres no ohter girl which plays Poke or something like that so nobody knows that I like that! xD I think I started with 6 or 7 with that but Im not sure ^^

Kishu Inu

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Teenager. But I remember when I was about 3 or 4, I used to play Pokemon Red. Wow, I even remember going through with a level 100 Charizard and Mew.... oh, the good 'ol days.

Alot of idiots think I am stupid for liking Pokemon and Neopets. I really don't care, I can like what I like. If they aren't happy with it, then, too bad, so sad.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    well im 14 and i could careless if people knew, i mean since its like the best rpg ever we talk about it occasionally, in band we always play it when the teacher is, well, teaching, its like the only game possible to do so with-without being caught jumping out of your seat and like keeping ur hands on the stand of course, and when im with the jocks we seldomly talk about it, only when we discuss games which is like once every 2 weeks so yeah, im cool with it.....im not even sure what i just said...T.T

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • I am 14 and started playing when GSC came out. I didn't play the first generation because it seemed too boring. However, I did finish Blue version in 14 hours. My favorite region is and always will be Johto and my favorite Pokemon is and always will be Lucario.

aricarrot

Jedi Knight
    Years
  • I'm eighteen and have been playing since I was eight.... I have one or two friends who still play, but only one who's super into it and I can ask her for items/EV advice.... ^_^ Yeahh I never really went off of Pokemon, but I didn't tell people about it really in middle school. Now that I'm almost done with high school, I don't really care anymore!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I'm seventeen, as my age blurb says, and I've played every generation of pokemon since the red and blue days. Got blue for my 8th birthday, never looked back. My closest friends know I play pokemon, but I definitely wouldn't go around saying I still play it.

However, I was drawing a Latios in class once, and some guy was like "hey, isn't that a Latios?" So apparently it's not too weird to still like pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2008
    Twenty Two. I force my little brothers to go shopping with me when I get the new one's. It is a guilty pleasure.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Been a fan since I was 3 or 4. I loved watching Kanto League. I didn't really get into the games until this year.. But already I have Pokémon Red, *Not fire red* Pokémon Leaf Green, Pokémon Diamond and other Pokémon game spin offs :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back