• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old is ash?

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Hey i was just wondering does anyone know how old ash is, is he 16 or like 10, you can't really tell help!? :cross-eye

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Supposedly, Ash does not age according to the officials at Pokemon.com. They compared him to Mickey Mouse--who is over 75 years old--but does not show signs of aging. "He's an icon; a legend," as they said. We all know that when he started out on his journey, it was on his tenth birthday. Then, he said he couldn't believe it had been a whole year since he had been in Viridian City--that implied to a lot of people that he was at least 11 years old. Most still think he's about 15 or 16 years old. In one episode--"The Fortune Hunters"--Ash, Misty, and Brock got a fortune book and they could look up their horoscope and whatnot according to when their birthday was. So, apparently they have birthdays; but, they do not seem to be celebrated or acknowledged. I guess that Ash is ageless as they say...or is still 10 (or maybe 11) years of age.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    This belongs in Pokemon Anime and movies...and since i dont mod here...ill PM somone XD oh and i think Ash is either 13 or 15 XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Ash looks and acts too young to be late teens, but too old to be early or pre-teen-age, so I'm guessing around 14. No proof from the show, though, just what I would say if I had to give him an age.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Hmmm.. When the show started, he was about 10 years old.. So at this rate, he must be 13! o.o; I'm just guessing! ^^;; I doubt he's 14 or 15. If he was, he'd look older. He still looks childish to me x.x;

*dies*

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2006
    Bening of show - 9 I think
    Now -12

Each Saga He should grow about 1/2 year

Edit:200 th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I remember I went through some long mathematical process before, and I detrermined that he was 13 as of the beginning of the Hoenn season. Unfortunatrely, I don't recall what exactly I did to get there. I think that I assumed each season to be 9 months long (3/4 of a year) and added each season to the initial age of 10. 3 years and 9 minths have passed since the very first episode as of the episode "Hoenn Alone"

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    hes looks and acts to yung for his age. i think his 12-in-a-half, but his to imature and stupid if he was 13.
    we gotta think of the FACT that hes never atracted to a girl so hes probably either in his early 11s or ageless XD

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    well i think in heonn he acts pretty mature so im guessing about 14-15 but he still looks young so prob 14

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Whats wrong with it?

Whats wrong with this thread its a debate i guess, i think he must be about 12 - 13 at the oldest, cause he looks young, brocks older and he looks older so i think Ash would look older if hewas 15 - 16!

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
    I'm guessing he's 13. He sort of looks it and sort of acts it, if that makes any sense.

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
    Jirachi said:
    He is ageless, close this thread.

Uh, why? O_O The question is for all people's different opinions on his age, and alot of people think Ash is not ageless.

-------------

Oh i love having my say in Ash's age threads! ;p

Well, from what i've heard from other people's opinions, a lot of them think that Ash is around 13/14. There is evidence in the Anime that he has aged, and i don't belive he's ageless.

Just think about - In Kanto he was quite immature, and quite a dipstick at times *Rolls eyes* He also though the idea of 'love' was pretty well... revolting like alot of 10yr old boys feel about the subject. He basicly was alot more like May in AG, a immature 10yr old.

But now in Hoen, you can see plainly that Ash has matured alot. Not just in personality, but he even looks older and taller IMO. Us AAMLers have often disscused the fact that Ash seems to now be as tall as Misty. If you watch AG, you'll see that Ash's personality has matured, he's almost like a older Brother to May and Max, he's not so whiny anymore, he doesn't complain as much, and he's even braver. I have noticed that he basicly sweatdrops at May and Max's immature behavior in situations like when they are hungry or don't want to walk anymore. If you remember, Ash was just like that at 10. Get my point? ;)

And (IMO) i think Ash's view on romance/love has changed. I do think it was half Misty who changed his view. Because Misty and Ash have been through a lot together, Misty has shown him a lot more about love as they have encountered several situations that have involved love and Misty has educated Ash into how they work.....*wink wink, nudge nudge* ^.~

So, i belive Ash is now 13 and acting more like a Teen. I'm very pleased that he's maturing, cause i love seeing him as a older boy in the group more.

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
    pokeguy76 said:
    There have been Five series now(I think) so he should be either 15 or 16.

Well, i've heard alot of people who seem to think of Ash's age as how many Seasons there have been, or how long the Anime's been on. I mean, i really can't see Ash being at the moment 15/16 O_o He's still pretty young, and when your 13 its only your first teenage year. I feel like saying to people who think Ash is around 15/16/17 'Oh come on! He can't be that old, he would at least be as tall as Brock if he was, cause Brock's around 15/16!'

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    ~*Silent Tattsu*~ said:

Well, i've heard alot of people who seem to think of Ash's age as how many Seasons there have been, or how long the Anime's been on. I mean, i really can't see Ash being at the moment 15/16 O_o He's still pretty young, and when your 13 its only your first teenage year. I feel like saying to people who think Ash is around 15/16/17 'Oh come on! He can't be that old, he would at least be as tall as Brock if he was, cause Brock's around 15/16!'

I also think that Ash is 13/14, because as Tattsu said, If he was 15/16/17, then he would be taller,

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    everyone thinks every season he gets older, i mean it couldnt have taken Ash a year to get from New Bark to Azelea...that'd be rather pathetic, so he has to be around 13 or 14, because he started on his 10th birthday *shrugs*

Back