• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old is ash?

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    Supposedly, Ash does not age according to the officials at Pokemon.com. They compared him to Mickey Mouse--who is over 75 years old--but does not show signs of aging. "He's an icon; a legend," as they said. We all know that when he started out on his journey, it was on his tenth birthday. Then, he said he couldn't believe it had been a whole year since he had been in Viridian City--that implied to a lot of people that he was at least 11 years old. Most still think he's about 15 or 16 years old. In one episode--"The Fortune Hunters"--Ash, Misty, and Brock got a fortune book and they could look up their horoscope and whatnot according to when their birthday was. So, apparently they have birthdays; but, they do not seem to be celebrated or acknowledged. I guess that Ash is ageless as they say...or is still 10 (or maybe 11) years of age.
    I think he is 12

There was the short in movie 3. Ash said"Pikachu, this is the day a year ago where we met." It has been a long time since that movie and now.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • Ash is ageless, he doesn't have an age, therefore his looks won't change, he can be 85 but he is still the way he is.
    He started 10, now he is probably 12 in my opinion.
    Mudkip64 said:
    Bening of show - 9 I think
    Now -12

Each Saga He should grow about 1/2 year
    No, he doesn't grow as the saga grows.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    And when he first started he was 10 not 9, so tallying up all of them he's either 11 - 12 in there opppions in this thread!

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I know animies this big thing, but i think Pokemons more than animie, considering theres so many thing to do with it, it wasn't always a cartoon, so i think he has an age because i've heardhim mension it!

Years
  • Actually, TMNT did have an episode that showed the brother's history. According to that episode, they are officially 15 years old. (And I don't consider it a true anime...)

If any age at all, I still believe that Ash is 10 years old. (so why's the main character in FR/LG 11 years old???) Ash never did stop to think about other things very long so far in Hoenn besides earning his badges, which still shows that he's still a kid. And, Ash still acts like the idiot he was in earlier seasons. (remember Rustboro City, where Ash bought far too many novelty items?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Oh well everyone has there own oppions! I think he's 11 and so well...yeh...

Golden Groudon

hi i'm golden groudon
    Years
  • Pokemon came out in 1998. Now's 2004.
    He started when he was 10. ^ years have past since the release of the amine.
    10+6=16.
    But some episode were contiues and some didn't fininshed a whole day so I would say ash is around 14. (brock grows too, it doesn't mean he doesn't grow) :classic:

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I'd say the Ash is somewhere around 13-14. He's old enough to start caring about things other than himself and his own intrests, and pick up on the beginnings f some romantic stuff, but he's still primarily focused on a childhood dream.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • There are slight differences, you have to look though. He has a more defined muscle structure, he's not as much of an idiot, and he's a bit taller.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    ~*Silent Tattsu*~ said:

Uh, why? O_O The question is for all people's different opinions on his age, and alot of people think Ash is not ageless.

-------------

Oh i love having my say in Ash's age threads! ;p

Well, from what i've heard from other people's opinions, a lot of them think that Ash is around 13/14. There is evidence in the Anime that he has aged, and i don't belive he's ageless.

Just think about - In Kanto he was quite immature, and quite a dipstick at times *Rolls eyes* He also though the idea of 'love' was pretty well... revolting like alot of 10yr old boys feel about the subject. He basicly was alot more like May in AG, a immature 10yr old.

But now in Hoen, you can see plainly that Ash has matured alot. Not just in personality, but he even looks older and taller IMO. Us AAMLers have often disscused the fact that Ash seems to now be as tall as Misty. If you watch AG, you'll see that Ash's personality has matured, he's almost like a older Brother to May and Max, he's not so whiny anymore, he doesn't complain as much, and he's even braver. I have noticed that he basicly sweatdrops at May and Max's immature behavior in situations like when they are hungry or don't want to walk anymore. If you remember, Ash was just like that at 10. Get my point? ;)

And (IMO) i think Ash's view on romance/love has changed. I do think it was half Misty who changed his view. Because Misty and Ash have been through a lot together, Misty has shown him a lot more about love as they have encountered several situations that have involved love and Misty has educated Ash into how they work.....*wink wink, nudge nudge* ^.~

So, i belive Ash is now 13 and acting more like a Teen. I'm very pleased that he's maturing, cause i love seeing him as a older boy in the group more.
    I think you are right, that's a really great analysis. I was wondering about his age myself, that's why I came looking for this forum in the first place. It's pretty ironic that I found this thread. And I think Misty was great for Ash and I hope she comes back to the T.V. show eventually, she's always been my favorite character. But I think it's good that she left for a while and May showed up because she and her brother serve to show the change in Ash.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • here is the way I see it.
    Ash started when he was ten. When tehy made it back to Veridian city, misty says "It's been a year since we were last here." So to get all eight badges it takes like a year. Then Professor oak said that it was six months to the indigo plateau. so at the end of the kanto League Ash is about 11 and a half. since it took a year to get eight bdges, I figure it that it takes half a year to get the four badges for the orange island league plus a little bit for the final battle puts him a little over 12 years old. Although the Johto league was still only eight badges They did so much more that took time that I find it to be rather two years than one. (hey its three season isntead of the one, be glad I think it two instead of three.) he's been trying at hoenn for a while know, so I say about three of four months. My over all judgement: About 14 and 1/3 years.

Back