• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen How old were you when you first played R/B/Y

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I was 2 or 3ish... ironically, it was the only file I got a Legit level 100 until my Ruby file which I got my Blaziken up to 100... after around a year. Then I erased the copy of Blue because I wanted a bulbasaur :p

Kevo182

Hero of Hyrule
    Years
    I remember being 3 or 4 when pokemon first came out on Kids WB.
    Then when i Heard there was a game, i flipped out and begged my parents for a Game boy and Red Version.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    I believe i was about 7 or 8 i'm not completely sure. Maybe younger.

this_is_ark

who what where
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    6 or 7 when i got blue, i think

i remember being scared that the screen shook when you had a poisoned pokemon out of battle

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Six years. I got Red then Blue shortly after; I still have both and also acquired Yellow when I was ten or so.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    actually to think of it i was 5 and thats why i still like pokemon so much to this day, it was one of my first games i ever got (i got donkey kong country the christmas after that and some mario game) and i still have it to this day with a bunch of level 100s lol, im never going to delete my file

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    When I was ummm 12ish, I got the Gameboy camera. There were unlockable features in the game (like the more photos you took the more random albums and stamps etc you could explore). Needless to say, a few of these stamps were pokemon (of which had not gained popularity in North America yet). If I recall, the pokemon were the 3 final evolutions of the starter pokemon, maybe mew or Mewtwo, and I think Pikachu as well. Soon after, I got both blue and red. Of course though, I was at the age where Pokemon at the time ('98ish?) started to get unpopular for junior high kids. So I played it every once and a while. That was with my original gameboy, then I bought a colour game boy, then later on an Advance SP, but never bought their respective pokemon generational games. (there really wasn't a reason, I guess it was because I never thought about it). It was not until I got my DS that I decided to try it out again, and this is like 10 years later, haha.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I was 6.5 years old when I was playing Pokemon for the 1st time, now I'm an 17 year old girl and still playing Pokemon, can't believe Pokemon has been in the RB games have been out in the US for almost 11 years, time does fly lol

:t354:TG

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    I was 6. My parents bought me and my sister a gamboy because we were obsessed with Pokemon and kept nagging about it. I remember going to France a week after we got them, and we weren't allowed to play them untill we started driving so she wouldn't have to hea rus 'are we there yet' ing xD Good times.

Now I'm 16 and I still play them. xD. It doesn't seem so long ago at all, I cans till remember it like it was yesterday. I couldn't figure out I had to bring the Parcel to Prof. Oak, I had to ask my sister, who wouldn't tell me for the longest time, untill my dad made her because he was sick of my whining. I had Red btw and she had Yellow.

Back