• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Pick Up has changed

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I'm sure all of you know that Pick Up has changed. After you finish a battle, there is a chance that a Pokemon with this ability will pick up one of 27 items. The chances vary depending on the level of the Pokemon.

Now it seems to me that the chances of picking up an item are a bit lower than 10% and there is a higher chance when you're indoors, but I can confirm either of those yet. I suspect that the items are sorted in ten tiers. So, if your level is below 11, you have a higher chance of picking up tier 1 items. I could use some help getting all the data together and figuring out the changes. I can tell you for sure that you'll get excellent items if the Pokemon is above level 40.

Items you can get via Pickup:
    Great Ball, Ultra Ball
    Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion
    Antidote, Full Heal, Full Restore
    Ether, Elixir, Max Elixir
    Revive, Max Revive
    Escape Rope, Repel, Heart Scale
    Sun Stone, Moon Stone, Prism Scale
    Rare Candy, PP Up
    Leftovers, Destiny Knot
    Balm Mushroom, Nugget, Big Nugget, Pearl String

Pokemon available that can have Pickup:
    Meowth
    Munchlax
    Lillipup
    Pikipek & Trumbeak (hidden ability)

Years
  • The most important item of this bunch is obviously the Destiny Knot, as that's needed to do IV breeding. I've been trying with a team of Lillipup over Level 30, but I haven't had success yet. I've been doing all the hunting on Poni Gauntlet (my usual training spot), if that means anything. But as I type this I JUST leveled a third to Level 41. Is there anywhere in particular where the rare items may be more likely, or anything I might want to take into account? (I've found two Pearl Strings in a row and plenty of Sun Stones, but no Destiny Knot yet?) Thanks!

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • The most important item of this bunch is obviously the Destiny Knot, as that's needed to do IV breeding. I've been trying with a team of Lillipup over Level 30, but I haven't had success yet. I've been doing all the hunting on Poni Gauntlet (my usual training spot), if that means anything. But as I type this I JUST leveled a third to Level 41. Is there anywhere in particular where the rare items may be more likely, or anything I might want to take into account? (I've found two Pearl Strings in a row and plenty of Sun Stones, but no Destiny Knot yet…) Thanks!

Well that's a matter of opinion. For me, it's possibly the least important item on that list.

Back