• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How quickly does the Daycare take to level pokemon up?

John_123

Pok�mon Trainer
    Years
    Exactly what it says on the tin... For those of us who are slowwww: How quickly does the Daycare take to level pokemon up?

:D :P ;)

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    John said:
    Exactly what it says on the tin... For those of us who are slowwww: How quickly does the Daycare take to level pokemon up?

:D :P ;)
    Well it depends on the level of the pokemon and the time you play in the game. The higher the level, the more the time. If you leave your game on overnight, Your pokemon level should increase.

John_123

Pok�mon Trainer
    Years
    Cool, thanks. I've just deposited a level 12 ABRA at the daycare just outside CERULEAN city. Havent been playin for that long, so I guess that might make a difference?

Oh, just out of curiousity, are there any stats differences between male and female pokemon? I.E. are males/females strogner than the other? I guess thats a whole new thread, but meh. :P

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    John said:
    Cool, thanks. I've just deposited a level 12 ABRA at the daycare just outside CERULEAN city. Havent been playin for that long, so I guess that might make a difference?

Oh, just out of curiousity, are there any stats differences between male and female pokemon? I.E. are males/females strogner than the other? I guess thats a whole new thread, but meh. :P
    Not really to be honest from what I see.They are alike but if it's a shiney, the stats are different. By more points.

John_123

Pok�mon Trainer
    Years
    MegaDitto said:
    They are alike but if it's a shiney, the stats are different. By more points.

I haven't come across any shiney pkmn yet. Where abouts are you more likely to find them? Can they be found anywhere, or are there "hotspots"? Thankssss! :classic:

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    John said:
    I haven't come across any shiney pkmn yet. Where abouts are you more likely to find them? Can they be found anywhere, or are there "hotspots"? Thankssss! :classic:
    They could be any wild pokemon. Also, Starters or traded pokemon. And please use simple questions for this.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Tetsu said:
    Actually. Sorry, you're wrong.
    Pokemon level up acorrding to your steps. 1 step = 1 exp. Im not sure if trading boosts it though...
    Well actuaully, how long your game on also. I seen it happen.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    heres a hint to quick, super easy daycare leveling up i read somewhere - go stand in front of a waterfall (facing it) and walk into it. even thou u don't move, it still counts as a step. therefore, put a rock or sumtin on the button that makes u walk into teh waterfall (whethere it be up, down, left or right), go to sleep or sumtin (or leave ur gba on all night) and when u go back to the daycare, u will have a SUPER high level 'mon (course u better be willin to fork over the big bucks). kinda off topic, but very useful (for all us lazy people out there).

Years
    You can still encounter Tentacools doing it this way, so use the Ocean Glitch in Ruby/Sapphire, or the Team Rocket spinny tile thingies in FR/LG. :)

The daycare rewards 1 exp. with each step. If you stick something in the daycare, turn your game off, leave it for the year, then turn it back on, they'll be the same as when you left them.

Shinies have the same chance of good stats as normal colour Pok?mon; the only difference is their colour. This is changed from G/S/C, where they did have good IVs.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    not sure what the the ocean glitch is, but i meant if your standing on dry land facing a waterfall (i no there was a couple places like that in R/S [at least i think], but i'm not sure about fr/lg).

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    MetalMario said:
    You can still encounter Tentacools doing it this way, so use the Ocean Glitch in Ruby/Sapphire, or the Team Rocket spinny tile thingies in FR/LG. :)

The daycare rewards 1 exp. with each step. If you stick something in the daycare, turn your game off, leave it for the year, then turn it back on, they'll be the same as when you left them.
    I actuaully works. I'm serious. I know many people who tried it.XD

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    hmmmm....................it shouldn't work, because it only works through ur number of steps. mayb they sharked their game or it is just messed up. the waterfall thing (if ur standing on dry land, if ur on water, like mario said, u will fight tentacools). but wat is the ocean glitch?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    cmatz0 said:
    hmmmm....................it shouldn't work, because it only works through ur number of steps. mayb they sharked their game or it is just messed up. the waterfall thing (if ur standing on dry land, if ur on water, like mario said, u will fight tentacools). but wat is the ocean glitch?
    Or time you have in the game too. I am not sure with the waterfall thing though.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    if u think about it, why wouldn't it work? try using a repel and continue walking up against a waterfall - it'll wear down quickly. mayb if u leave ur game off long enough, it will give u a special daycare bonus - mayb thats how they got all that exp.

Back