• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How successful was your last gym battle?

Years
    Thought I'd discuss gym battles. How successful was your last battle, did you manage to take the gym down a peg or two? I've taken over a few in my local area...but there are some seriously strong gyms. Hopefully I can crush them in the next week or so...

On a second note, do people think about their squad list when battling in Pokemon Go or do you just go in all guns blazing with whatever you've got?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2017
    i only battle gyms once or twice a week usually. mostly on my days off of work. don't have time during the work week because of work/travel/family. so when i go to battle, i don't take them down a notch or two. i stick around until i burn the gym to the ground and take it over.

yesterdays battle was a level 7 gym. it took about an hour. and put a serious dent in my potions/revives. but i took it over.

for the most part i'll look at what pokemon are in a gym, and if i have a high level counter to a couple of them i'll select the counters for my team. but most times, i just end up going in guns blazing with the team that PokemonGo automatically selects for me.

jenette

Jenette
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    I hardly do any gym battles and in most of them, I miserably lose because most of the gyms in our area are either dominated by Dragonites/Vaporeons/Gyarados'.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
    Years
    It was amazing!
    My best friend and I have this vendetta against these spoofers in my town, so anytime we see them and their level 10 gym, we fight it.

Last night, we found one of those gyms and battled the heck out of it. We successfully took it out. ;)

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
    My last gym battle was fantastic, because somehow the gym was only being guarded by a 90CP magikarp. Was it really a battle? I beat it with my 10CP charmander for fun. Laughs were had.

Back