• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How the heck did you turn into that?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The Clamperl line. How does a clam turn into those eel things?

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Carnavah to Sharpedo, definetly.
    Why?

I agree with whoever mentioned Remoraid/Octillery, and add to the list:
    Togetic to Togekiss: I wasn't expecting an evolution at all, but when it came it was too strange. It seems more like an interstage between the two, rather than their evo.
    Barboach to Whiscash: Eel to a fat mudweller? Why?
    Snorunt to Glalie: I can't compare the two at all. They just don't look similar. I can't compare Snorunt to Froslass either, while I CAN compare Glalie to Froslass.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Magikarp > Gyara and Feebas > Milo are the first things that come to mind (as many people have also stated).

I understand Trapinch's line because antlions ftw. And I guess Poliwhirl to Politoed seems a little weird 'cause it suddenly changes color and becomes so much thinner and differently-shaped. I mean I know how tadpoles become frogs and all but STILL.

Oh, and Remoraid > Octillery. And Clamperl to its two evos.

...I'm starting to sense a Watery pattern here.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Well, the Feebas > Milotic evolution may not have been based on a legend, but there's a chance that it's based on the story of "The Ugly Duckling", or just how swan chicks, who aren't exactly the most beautiful creatures, turn into swans.

I guess the evolution I find weirdest would probably be the Clamperl line as psyanic stated.

The Clamperl line. How does a clam turn into those eel things?

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    i definitely cannot see how a small fish like magikarp can turn into a DRAGON like gyarados. i feel like it's skipped a stage in its evolution.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Torchic to Blaziken just never made sense to me. Blaziken just seems so out of place compared to the other two obviously-bird types and I've never really liked it just because I don't see the connection. I feel the same way with Oshawott→Samurott but at least otter to walrus doesn't seem as ridiculousl as bird to humanoid martial artist.

Agreeing with the Clamperl one, too. And Snorunt/Glalie. o_O

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Feebas --> Milotic was based on the fairy tale we all know as The Ugly Duckling where the ugly duckling, who everyone hated, turned into a beautiful swan who everyone adored.

But of course, an ugly fish turning into a beautiful sort of sea serpent is just as impossible as an ugly duckling turning into a silver swan.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    the Magikarp Line for the win. and the trade brothers (Escavalier's line and Karrablast's line). Also, Snorunt to Froslass. Cannot see the resemblance.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm still not able to recover from my initial shock at Dewott turning into Samurott. All the other Pokémon evolutions, I can usually find something that suggests something of it's evolution, but Samurott is just an awkward evolution of Dewott that doesn't hold any sense to me behind it.

Years
    But Dragonair and Dragonite do look similar in the face so I never found it that weird. Also, they all look like dragons anyway

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, obviously Remoraid to Octillery. I can see the concept, Remoraid being a gun and Octillery being a cannon, but they could have thought it out a little better regarding animal designs lol.

Karrablast into Escavalier. Seriously at first I thought Shelmet evolved into Escavalier ¬____¬
    Also Karrablast and Shelmet switch armors basically, so it makes perfect sense. Karrablast with Shelmet's evolved armour becomes Escavalier, and vice versa.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Flaafy evolving into Ampharos makes very little sense to me. Even if you shear Flaafy so that there's no wool, there's no explaining the sudden neck expansion, unless the poor critter has a hereditary thyroid condition that Game Freak is not telling us about. And the complete bipedalism is also a little bit of a step too far, for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Definitely Blaziken. I never really cared for that one and it doesn't make sense to me.

Togetic too. I mean, I think that Togepi to Togekiss would be just fine but Togetic is just too wierd for me.

Lombre to Ludicolo... I was like WTF is THAT?! I mean the line was good up until they threw that wildcard in there. I guess Ludicolo isn't that bad but I just personally dislike it for one reason or another.

Back