• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to add a new region?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2021
    I've been working on a hack for a bit now, and I have plans to add a new region. Does anybody have any tutorials on how to do this?

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
    As for adding a whole new map WHILE KEEPING THE ORIGINAL, I have no idea.(Sorry!)

But, you can add new maps or edit unused existing ones, such as Birth Island (I'm doing that, it's not a necessary room) using Advance Map. (I use 1.95 for editing the rooms, and I use 1.92 for editing the World Map.) - The World Map Editor in 1.92 doesn't create a whole new map - It just edits the original, and it doesn't edit the artwork.(That can be done from UN-LZ GBA.)

The tutorial for editing the World Map Image is here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2021
    Momoro how would I insert a world map that looks like the map in HGSS, like the one that is in Gaia and Unbound?

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
    Well, you'd have to shorten routes on the World Map, which doesn't effect the actual overworld rooms, and it also gives you more world map room for more cities. (Or a region, in your case :D)

Look at screenshots of the World Maps in Gaia, Unbound or Light Platinum and create a map working off of one of those. It has to be the same size as the original Firered map, (I'd recommend Firered for this) or the map will stretch outside of the screen, with no way of seeing the rest of it.

Did you see the tutorial? It shows you how to edit the world map, and insert your own.

Just an example, if you wanted to go in Pewter City, but you wanted the World Map to put you in Cerulean, use the World Map Editor in Advance Map 1.92 (1.95 has it disabled)

Back