• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing the worldmap COMPLETELY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Great job, as always. I'm already looking forward to reed other advanced tutorials :P

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Wow, I have waited a very long time for this Mastermind_X! I'm really thankful for this, I hope you next job going be the Day/Night System tutorial!

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
The dn-tut will be even longer since I have to invent one for FRLG and one for RSE. (due to the real time clock)
We'll see... ^^

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Oh, and I'm wondering if you can do something more specific for Emerald about the World Map, because I tried your method in FR and it turned out nicely, but It's really difficult to do that on Emerald with your tutorial, thanks!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
screen2sn3.png
screen3dv1.png

These are the examples of what you can achieve if you read Mastermind_X's tutorial (I recommend you all to read it very carefully, don't attempt to do everything on the same day, because that'll surely confuse you, better take things calmly, one step per day, and you'll be succesful)

By the way, those are now SG's official maps! DP-esque theme, Yay! :D

By the way2, I'm currently working on fixing the location and the position of the hero's face when you open up the world map (you can see in both screenshots that the position is a bit off the map, that's the last thing to fix everything)

So, good luck and happy map modifying everyone!

By the way3, I'm gonna try to write a little addition to M_X's guide just in case you get confused on the part of creating the world map without using Cyclone (since it works strangely for FR)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
im going to attempt this however seeing as im using the sevi islands space in my hack, what island map do i have to hack? seeing as there are 7, but 3 different maps of the sets of the islands

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, FR has 4 maps (1->Kanto, 2->One to Three Islands, 3->Four&Five, 4->Six&Seven), so basically, you can pick any. The problem is finding the offsets for where the stuff is located, as Mastermind_X's tutorial has a few parts where he just touches one specific map (you'll have to work out where the other maps' info is located, usually with VBA-SDL, following M_X's methods) well, I have this info already, but I'd like you to try a bit, before you start asking me or M_X

However, my recommendation is: Stick with Kanto if you'll have a very big region with lots of stuff. If you will have a second region with lots of stuff, I recommend you using Map#2, and avoiding using Map#3, so there's more stuff for the #2 (you can use Map#4 if you need a third region with less stuff)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
ahh i see.. il try that thanks! =]

im going to find the offsets in the VBA-SDL

what kind of ASM tools do you recommend? im new to ASM

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
ok thanks im now going to attempt it:D

EDIT: none of the programs are working :( they just stop responding when i load the rom, the hex viewer/editor works fine..

can someone help?

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Just a little question, in firered the worldmap isn't stretched over the whole screen, is it possible to do that?

I'm not sure if i'm ready to pull this off,
but i'm trying.

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
Years
How I make to change world map in Fire Red?
I used cyclone and I was thus:
FIREREDMAP.png

I tried to use the Tile Layer Pro, Tile Molester and TilEd 2002 but I did not obtain to find it.
Somebody can help me?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
@Cronos: It is possible to do that, but, you'd have to touch the scroll that FR has, because it gets in the way for a little moment (you can find the scroll on unlz, but I haven't modified it, as I wanted to retain it)

@Juan: That's why I said on an earlier post that Cyclone behaves improperly (though I had better results when I used it on a map that turned out wrong... XP), as I said before, hex is the best way to generate the look of the map, I'll try to write a mini guide for that, but I need some time and inspiration.
Besides, it looks as if you messed up with something...

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Dang, I going to attemped this when I get some time away from my homwork and social life >_>..

I did glace over the guide though, and I actually susprized that its nor as hard as I thought. Though it can be confusing for n00bs..

Thanks for the Tut Mastermind_X! I cant wait till the Day & Night guide! :P

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow such an advanced tut, and its so confusing,
Ohwell im gonna read it, even if it does take 1 hour or so to understand,
This is such an help to advance hacking thanks alot M_X

Years
This isn't a place to request things.

I just looked at the tutorial(A bit late), and as soon as I finish my exams this week, this will be the first thing I'm going to try and do. Hopefully, I can get it to work. My only worry, is changing the actual image the map. Oh well I guess I'll figure it out. I guess, like Zel said, hex is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back