• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How to can we become platinum tier?

Trainer@PDS

An Intermediate High-School Programmer
Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    There is no explanation about it in FAQ . How much money i have to donate?. Also what are it's benefits.

Years
  • You need to donate $100 (I'm sure it's around that mark) for Platinum. The reason why it's hidden is because not many users have the rank, and the huge amount is mainly so you can put huge effort into donating.

Zet

Years
  • 1440 by 1440 avatars, bigger PM storage, and being platinum tier. I'm pretty sure it's just that. It's been forever since I last checked what they were.

Years
  • In addition to what was said, there's now a new name changes perk that allows you do pretty much do one whenever you want, unlike lower tiers who are now restricted to the public name change thread.

Years
  • I think also, unless it's been changed since we originally launched the feature, platinum tier can use CSS in their user titles. Everyone else can only use pre-set tags like color, etc.

That got changed recently, with Crystals now allowed to use said coding in usertitles as well. The fact that this change devalued a Platinum Tier perk was what led to the introduction of the new unlimited name changes perk for Platinums.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • That got changed recently, with Crystals now allowed to use said coding in usertitles as well. The fact that this change devalued a Platinum Tier perk was what led to the introduction of the new unlimited name changes perk for Platinums.

No, that's not why I introduced unlimited name changes for Platinum supporters. I did that just so that Platinum people could have something nice. I wasn't even aware that usertitle CSS had been made available to Crystal supporters (and on that note, I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be available - I'll look more into it).

Back