• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change font size?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Hello there,
    I decided I would use a custom font (GB font actually), but when I set it up, I noticed that the font size is way too big
    I've been adding the tags <fs=18>...</fs> to make it nicely sized, but there are some places where that can't be done (like choice options and others)

Is there anyway I can change the size of the font everywhere from the script?

Thanks

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Check out def pbSetSystemFont and the two related methods below it.

Note that there are a couple (only a couple) of places which set their own font sizes: Pokémon markings (which use the Arial font) and some things in the Voltorb Flip minigame. Care about them or not.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Is that under PokemonOptions Script?

I don't really understand what could I change there to make all font sizes 18, could you give a little help?

(Sorry for the trouble :\ )

EDIT: I finally found where to change that
    But now I have a different (but related) problem:

In some windows the spacement between lines is too big, showing misplaced lines of text (such as in the Controls Window (Screenshot:puu.sh/6x4mv) ) and in some moves descriptions, the text is too big to fit on the space, and the text gets cut (puu.sh/6x4uH)

Where can I change the space between lines of text?
    (and sorry for the weird links, it didn't let me post because I have less than 15 posts... (but registered almost 5 years ago.. hehe...)

And Thanks ;)

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yes, line spacing is 32 pixels and is separate to font size. I don't particularly know where it's defined, but changing it would likely upset a lot of displays and require lots of fixing. It's something you'll have to deal with if you want to use a font that's much wider than what Essentials was designed to use.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Ok, Thanks for the information, I'll try to edit the font to see if I can make it shorter

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    <fs=3>text here</fs>

The "text here" will be at the size of "3", and you can type your text between the <fs=any> and </fs>

Make sure that it is this slash: /

Not the one for identifying the player name: "\"PN

Plus, you can look at the wiki or talk to the lappet town NPCs for more text configurations.

bai :D

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    That's nice enough if you want to change part of a dialogue's font size, but Fran was asking about all the text everywhere. In that sense, your reply is useless. I've already provided the answer.

Back