• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to edit Emerald E4 "VS" mugshots?

Years
    After inserting new rematch scripts and implementing new teams, I have managed to get a full Elite Four and Champion rematch system working on Emerald. There's one problem however: when you go to take on the League a second time, all of the VS splash screens that appear before battle show Wallace's sprite instead of their respective trainers. The rematch teams have been assigned to the Trainer IDs 0x000 and 0x353 to 0x356, all of which were dummied out trainers. Here's an example of it happening in Sidney's arena, with the original splash on the right side and the rematch screen on the left:
    Spoiler:

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? I would like to be able to change them so that they show the proper mugshots instead of Wallace during the rematch run, ie. Sidney's for Sidney, Phoebe's for Phoebe and so on. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    Sorry for bumping yet again :x just trying to keep the problem confined to this thread so I'm making edits to the OP as I go. A potentially critical piece of information has been added to the post, which notes the changes regarding which Trainer IDs were modified in the ROM to facilitate the rematch teams.

Back