• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to edit the BW bottom screen "clockbg" at will in game

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Hi All,

I am making a game on Essentials BlackWhite version 17.2

as with this we get two screens and I see the image for the bottom screen is called "clockbg" and housed in graphics , pictures, clock folder.
    easy to change this to something else,

but does anyone know a script command that will allow me to change this to another graphic in game? Like maybe I want a different background depending on where the player is and switch it to say clockbg1 for example, a different image.

I googled and searched here but cannot find anything :(

thank you

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Also I found the code section from scripts BW_MapClock
    def clockRender
    @sprites= {}
    @fade=false

@sprites["bg"]=Sprite.new(@viewport)
    @sprites["bg"].bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Clock/clockbg")
    @sprites["bg"].y=400"

not sure how to say use this in an event if that possible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Just a heads up. Essentials BW runs on Essentials version 15.1.

Oh hey, things seem to be working so far, ive spent a fair bit of time making my game, should I expect some issues then? Ive not had any bugs or problems so far?
    unless im mistaken and im not using 17.2 been a long time since I did any download.

as to my post, any thoughts at least on if my request seems simple or would require some brand new definitions and scripts to complete?

Back