• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to get TRU Darkrai

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • Damn I live in the UK! Shame I really wanted that TRU Darkrai.=(

Years
  • my memory just went blank so i decided to ask what is a Wonder Card

And i thought you could only get 1 Darkrai per Diamond and Pearl I only have Diamond so

Wonder Card is a digital card for an event which activates the event in the game.

You CAN get more than one darkrai per game pack if you know how to get around that small limitation. Remember the event is 8 hours long... (4 hours and 2 days)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Does Nintendo want to hold any UK events? :)

Unfortunatly no. They hate UK Canada etc remember. So can't think of any reason why they would want to. Would be nice though. Wasn't Manaphy a nintendo event?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Does Nintendo want to hold any UK events? :)

Well, we've had the 10th anniversary event around Britiain. I went to the one in Cribbs Causeway last year haha. I got Latias, Latios, Ho-Oh and Lugia, but I think there were others you could get. They were showing the 1st anime episode and an episode of Mystery Dungeon and had poster things around talking about the last 10 yeas of Pokemon

Wow! I've been waiting for something like this! And, for the record, what's the differents between Darkria and TRU Darkria? I never could figure it out.

Toys R Us. I wondered what it was a minute ago, too XD

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Wait, someone posted earlier that you DON'T need the national dex to get darkrai. How is this possible, if darkrai isn't in the sinnoh dex?

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • Well, I know I'm going. Don't know if I'm gonna head out there Saturday to ensure it, or risk my time and go there right before school on Sunday (Its literally right around the corner from it).

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Wait, someone posted earlier that you DON'T need the national dex to get darkrai. How is this possible, if darkrai isn't in the sinnoh dex?

It just is... Heck you can trade Pokes that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex before beating the E4 or obtaining the National Dex...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    It just is... Heck you can trade Pokes that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex before beating the E4 or obtaining the National Dex...

Espreon's right. If you can directly find the Pokémon you're looking for (ie a trade or an event), it doesn't really matter if you have the National Dex or not. Like you said, I can get something like a Zigzagoon even though I don't have the National Dex. I'll have the Pokémon, it just won't show up on my dex until I obtain the National one.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Espreon's right. If you can directly find the Pokémon you're looking for (ie a trade or an event), it doesn't really matter if you have the National Dex or not. Like you said, I can get something like a Zigzagoon even though I don't have the National Dex. I'll have the Pokémon, it just won't show up on my dex until I obtain the National one.

Really? So will its Dex No. in summary show up as [???] or something?
    And after I get the National Dex, will Darkrai automatically show up?

How exactly does the event work? On toysrus.com it says that you will get a wondercard or something, but how does that work?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Really? So will its Dex No. in summary show up as [???] or something?
    And after I get the National Dex, will Darkrai automatically show up?

How exactly does the event work? On toysrus.com it says that you will get a wondercard or something, but how does that work?

Yes, in its summary, it will say Pokedex No. ???. And wondercards are pretty much a record of downloaded events through mystery gift (the max is 3). when there is a new event, if you have 3, one must be deleted to make room for another.

And once you get the national dex, Darkrai's entry should appear.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • i'm going to Florida that weekend and the following week. the event will be in Florida, right? since it's part of the US?
    i can't wait though! i'm going to have two Darkrai! (Japanese and US)

Divine~Deoxys

No, they think we're a puny little country with no money, where everybosdy except people in London are grass-munching hillbillys.

Years
  • How exactly does the event work? On toysrus.com it says that you will get a wondercard or something, but how does that work?

This is how the TRU Manaphy event worked.... most likely Darkrai will be the same.

You MUST have your Pokedex and Mystery Gift MUST be enabled (which means you must have the pokedex, your first gym badge, AND have been to Jubilife City's TV station to enable mystery Gift.)

i THINK You have to save at a pokecenter, but not 100% about that. It's a good idea to do that anyway

Turn on your DS and go to the Diamond/Pearl main menu. Select "Mystery Gift" then select "Get from ds wireless". at that point, if the attendant has pushed the transmit button, then your DS will pick up the signal and start to transfer your darkrai. When it is complete you will have to turn your DS off.

Turn your DS back on and go into the game. Go to the nearest pokemart and there will be a guy at the counter (for manaphy he was in a green ranger uniform) talk to him with an empty space in your party, and he will give you darkrai.

Darkrai lv.1000 said:
    i'm going to Florida that weekend and the following week. the event will be in Florida, right? since it's part of the US?
    i can't wait though! i'm going to have two Darkrai! (Japanese and US) ?

Depends on WHERE in Florida you will be. I know my mom is planning to go to one of the TRU in Jacksonville to get her Darkrai, I would imangine most of the TRU in Florida will be offering them, but best to check out the closest TRU to where you will be to ensure they are offering the event.

Back