• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] how to insert 32x32 gif icons into rom

Years
    I got a collection of pokemon icons 32x32 gif animations from gen 1 - 5. but cant find a tool to insert them. the icon editors I used ask for 32x64 or 64x32 images

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
    Which generation are you talking about? If it's generation 3, then...

Simple, straight forward answer - you can't.
    More detailed - The Generation 3 games are GBA games. The GBA supports sprites up to 64x64 pixels and they have to be static in Pokémon's instance. It's possible to display 32x32 sprites, but that will require rewriting a bunch of code (battles, status screens and pokepics come to mind). Animations are technically possible, but you'll have to insert every frame individually and write a bunch of code that switches between the different frames.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Which generation are you talking about? If it's generation 3, then...

Simple, straight forward answer - you can't.
    More detailed - The Generation 3 games are GBA games. The GBA supports sprites up to 64x64 pixels and they have to be static in Pokémon's instance. It's possible to display 32x32 sprites, but that will require rewriting a bunch of code (battles, status screens and pokepics come to mind). Animations are technically possible, but you'll have to insert every frame individually and write a bunch of code that switches between the different frames.

Umm... I'm pretty sure he was talking about the icons displayed in your party. :P

Well, here's my answer, there's no way you could directly insert those gifs as icons for the game. You have to manually splice them to make the two frames exactly next to each other meaning you would have a 32x64 images. And why spend time on those gifs? There's a bunch of resources that has icons for gen 1-5 sitting somewhere in the internet, ready to be inserted into ROMs using Wichu's Icon Editor. :D

Years
    yeah i was talking abt gba games. anyway thnx guys. I will try & find the icon resources.
    if any of you have the link pls post here. 32x64 or 64 x32 icon sprites gen 4 pokemons

Last edited:
    Back