• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] How to insert battle sprites for trainers? Also, Discord?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    How do I swap Brock's in-battle sprite for my own character? I'm trying to see how they look in-game, and I see a folder for battlers, but there's no images in the folder. I can't find specifically Brock's gym battle in the script either.

My other question is: is there a Discord I can use for any simple questions like this that I have? I have watched a little of Thundaga's material but the invite to his Discord that I found was expired, not sure where else to look. Was hoping for a way to get faster responses, not that I have any issue with a forum format.

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • How do I swap Brock's in-battle sprite for my own character? I'm trying to see how they look in-game, and I see a folder for battlers, but there's no images in the folder. I can't find specifically Brock's gym battle in the script either.

My other question is: is there a Discord I can use for any simple questions like this that I have? I have watched a little of Thundaga's material but the invite to his Discord that I found was expired, not sure where else to look. Was hoping for a way to get faster responses, not that I have any issue with a forum format.

For v19 of essentials, trainer battle sprites are in "Graphics/Trainers"
    For v18 and below, they are in "Graphics/Characters"

As for discords, theres the PokeCommunity Discord, the Relic Castle Discord, and the Game Dev Cafe discord. don't have links at the moment but looking around the forums should help you find a link

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    You should probably read the Wiki a bit more thoroughly. This has already been covered there.

https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Player
    https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Trainers

Thanks, I actually hadn't gone over the wiki yet, I was watching the tutorial videos first, I guess I'm getting ahead of myself.

For v19 of essentials, trainer battle sprites are in "Graphics/Trainers"
    For v18 and below, they are in "Graphics/Characters"

As for discords, theres the PokeCommunity Discord, the Relic Castle Discord, and the Game Dev Cafe discord. don't have links at the moment but looking around the forums should help you find a link

Alright, I'll look, thank you both for your help :)

Back