• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make NPCs follow the player?

Years
    You know how Barry followed you in the beginning of Diamond/ Pearl to that one lake, who's name I can't recall?

I was wondering how to get the same thing in RPGMXP.
    I have the character who's supposed to follow you set down, and what he says before following you, but I'm really not sure how to get him to follow you.
    It's sort of a big roadblock. ID;;

Also, I haven't found anything that tells how to do it elsewhere on the Interwebz, so that's why I'm posting it here. ^^;;

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Partner trainers. Specifically, you want the "dependent event" part, which is entirely independent of having a registered partner to battle alongside.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
    It does work, I've used it in my game which is a remake of Platinum to have Barry follow the player

Back