• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How to make sprite invisible at the beggining of the game?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2018
    I've had some problems with hiding sprites.I want to do it similar to professor Oak in Pallet town.Using Adv Map you can clearly see that Oak is right next to players house, but it's somehow hidden.I want to make that. Script at the exit of pallet town begins with "showsprite 0x3", which proves that Oak is hidden and this just makes him visible.
    I've read somewhere that you need to setflag on sprite to make it invisible in the beggining... But how do i do that?
    I tried this(using fat guy in Pallet as a test):
    #dynamic 456794

#org @start
    hidesprite 0x2
    setflag 0x750
    end
    ----------------
    but ofc it didn't work. I did put flag 750 in person id but nothing happened.
    Please help. Since english is not my native language i apologise for my grammar mistakes. Also because of that reason i need it explained step by step

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I've had some problems with hiding sprites.I want to do it similar to professor Oak in Pallet town.Using Adv Map you can clearly see that Oak is right next to players house, but it's somehow hidden.I want to make that. Script at the exit of pallet town begins with "showsprite 0x3", which proves that Oak is hidden and this just makes him visible.
    I've read somewhere that you need to setflag on sprite to make it invisible in the beggining... But how do i do that?
    I tried this(using fat guy in Pallet as a test):
    #dynamic 456794

#org @start
    hidesprite 0x2
    setflag 0x750
    end
    ----------------
    but ofc it didn't work. I did put flag 750 in person id but nothing happened.
    Please help. Since english is not my native language i apologise for my grammar mistakes. Also because of that reason i need it explained step by step

If the person ID is 750 and you set the flag at the beginning of the game (maybe a level script in the player's room), any overworld sprite with that ID should be hidden until you clear the flag. If you're doing it in the same map as the sprite you want to hide, make sure hidesprite command is for the 'Person event' number in Advance Map, not event number.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2018
    If the person ID is 750 and you set the flag at the beginning of the game (maybe a level script in the player's room), any overworld sprite with that ID should be hidden until you clear the flag. If you're doing it in the same map as the sprite you want to hide, make sure hidesprite command is for the 'Person event' number in Advance Map, not event number.

BUt i did that person event number, as you can see. Can you tell me how do i set the flag like they did to Oak?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • BUt i did that person event number, as you can see. Can you tell me how do i set the flag like they did to Oak?
    There's a special script somewhere that sets certain flags when the game starts (Oak, for exmaple). I don't know where it is though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2018
    You need to learn about level scripts. See my tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FttPQvAyWB4&t=29s
    You also need to know about vars in addition to flags, which you can learn about here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II4_T3MCnLo

Awesome tutorials , helps a lot ! Have my like :) I'll update if i succeed

UPDATE :
    STILL NOT WORKING. I'm noob at this :( Can somebody please write that level script that hides sprite and explain it? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
    Back